Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 20:14 Quote
Hmmmmm.
Aluminum bike with 29er wheels weighing in at 30.6 lbs. Well that confirms it for me. I believe Pole sent it out knowing it had the XC proto part on it to save a few grams on the review weight. They gambled and lost. Should have just accepted the total weight would be 31-32lbs and ran with it. #conspiracytheory #rememberit'snotalieifyoubelieveit #costanza

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 20:22 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Hummm.
Aluminum bike with 29er wheels weighing in at 30.6 lbs. Well that confirms it for me. I believe Pole sent it out knowing it had the XC proto part on it to save a few grams on the review weight. They gambled and lost. Should have just accepted the total weight would be 31-32lbs and ran with it. #conspiracytheory #rememberit'snotalieifyoubelieveit #costanza

Xb never thought of it that way... Actually good possibility as they knew they were going up against Plastic bikes, and
everyone makes such a big deal about weight these days...

Hmmmmmmm

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/mondraker-debuts-sub-20kg-crafty-carbon-e-enduro-e-mtb.html

Their at 42.5 lbs fir a full Enduro E-bike now Shred!
Time to pony up, and live up to your word.... XB knows who's flying up the uptracks next year.

Don't think, just add to cart.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/mondraker-debuts-sub-20kg-crafty-carbon-e-enduro-e-mtb.html

Time to pony up, and live up to your word.... XB knows who's flying up the uptracks next year.

13,000 EURO, roughly 19,000 CAD...

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
willie-d wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

13,000 EURO, roughly 19,000 CAD...

Meh, that's why we work.... Payments on your E-bike = A reason to get up early in the am and grind.

What, you thought light would be cheap?
This ain't no beater Commencal all aluminum bike. This is Bleeding Edge.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
Nice looking Raker but alas another trail E-bike with 150mm of travel. Plus will not ship to Canada with our f-kd up Canadian import laws. I'd be down to ride a Raker or Propain if they could ship them here. E- Big Travel requirements - 45-ish lbs, 29er, 180mm/170mm, single crown, 64-65 HA, 77-78 SA. Not another 150mm E- trail bike to bottom out hitting drops in Noble.

Closest but not there yet...

Commencal Meta Power 29.
Problems: Still too heavy and only 170mm/160mm.

Specialized Kenevo
Problems: Still to heavy and wheels are too small.

The way see it E-bike batteries are like this right now. Still in their infancy.

They need to get closer to here before my requirements will be met.

I will not settle for less. Someone else can pay the price and weight penalty for now.
Back to the drawing board battery boy. Lighter, more powerful and cheaper like the modern TV set.

End/E-Rant

P.S.- Rode the loose Nut Rut yesterday. Could be the last one this year. Winter is coming.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Nice looking Raker but alas another trail E-bike with 150mm of travel. Plus will not ship to Canada with our f-kd up Canadian import laws. I'd be down to ride a Raker or Propain if they could ship them here. E- Big Travel requirements - 45-ish lbs, 29er, 180mm/170mm, single crown, 64-65 HA, 77-78 SA. Not another 150mm E- trail bike to bottom out hitting drops in Noble.

Closest but not there yet...

Commencal Meta Power 29.
Problems: Still too heavy and only 170mm/160mm.

Specialized Kenevo
Problems: Still to heavy and wheels are too small.

The way see it E-bike batteries are like this right now. Still in their infancy.

They need to get closer to here before my requirements will be met.

I will not settle for less. Someone else can pay the price and weight penalty for now.
Back to the drawing board battery boy. Lighter, more powerful and cheaper like the modern TV set.

End/E-Rant

P.S.- Rode the loose Nut Rut yesterday. Could be the last one this year. Winter is coming.

Need a steep sa on a E-bike, lol... Need 180mm travel for Nobels, lol!

125 mm 26" Blur shreds Nobles just fine, didn't bottom on anything.

Please explain why you need light weight to downhill, makes zero sense bro.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 15:28 Quote
So you can still toss the bike around. You ever corner in a old Buick. Moves like a brick.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 15:30 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
So you can still toss the bike around. You ever corner in a old Buick. Moves like a brick.

Duuuuuuuuude, really... Your not strong enough to move an extra 5-10 lbs around? You know guys on Moto's whip those things around like crazy right? What are they 175 lbs?

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
Wow dude, if they made it in baby blue, 40 lbs, 95deg seat angle, and 180mm travel ,30" wheels would you be down.?

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 17:05 Quote
You ever seen a Bubba scrub? The guys like 5'-7" 160 lbs....

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 19:46 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
No Buick.

I like how you never back up your point with any logic, reasoning or explanation.

Please expand, we are interested.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012625
Mobile Version of Website