Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
If XB is not riding with friends, he rolls with Jesus. He always has XB's back. You never really ride alone bro.

Not trying to change your mind bro, you do you... Just raising awareness so the entire scene doesn't turn into E-Sellout Schills for the bike industry.

Link doesn't work, total fail. That same feeling you get when your battery goes dead half way up the Beowolf climb.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 16:31 Quote
With driverless vehicles, you can soon do self shuttles.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
With driverless vehicles, you can soon do self shuttles.

This ain't North Van bro, paved shuttles 3 minutes from your house.
No cell signal in Nobles, need 5G for that stuff to work effectively. Also no road lines, the Tesla would have a E-Seizure.... Also too many stoners around here, even if it did self drive around here; Stoner-X would forget to plug in the Cyber-Truck day be4 and it would die mid retrieval.

What's your take on the new Spesh Enduro 29'er Jrig-69'er? Best new Enduro sled out there.... ?XB's buying into the hype, the thing looks dope, supposed to climb a wall... Not really seeing much interest in the thing around here in Vernon. Seems like unless your whip says Santa Cruz or Norco on the side bro's won't even acknowledge you in the lift lines or at the kiosk.

XB'd definitely hit new Specialized bikes.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
Enduro too much bike for Vernon.... They got it about 80% right though. Could be lower, slacker and STA steeper but still better than any other big name Enduro sled right now. New Norco Sight is perfect for 90% of the riding around BC. 2021 Range could be a game changer if it follows the Sight's direction.

I got my EVO at 62.7 HA, BB at 336mm with 165 cranks and coil front and rear. Nothing can touch it on the DH.

New Enduro would be perfect for Revy.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
Enduro too much bike for Vernon.... They got it about 80% right though. Could be lower, slacker and STA steeper but still better than any other big name Enduro sled right now. New Norco Sight is perfect for 90% of the riding around BC. 2021 Range could be a game changer if it follows the Sight's direction.

I got my EVO at 62.7 HA, BB at 336mm with 165 cranks and coil front and rear. Nothing can touch it on the DH.

Pics of your whip please....: Getting slightly hard with your description of your machine. Sounds like a weapon man. XB switching brands next year...?

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:

Pics of your whip please....: Getting slightly hard with your description of your machine. Sounds like a weapon man. XB switching brands next year...?

Just put a 223mm rotor up front. 170mm Smashpot for front suspension and a EXT Storia rear. Running an Assguy DD up front and a Specialized Eliminator Blck Diamond in the rear with a RimPactMTB insert. OneUp 180mm post as well.

SOS

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
Looks like a Trail Assassin, XB likes the Nobles pic too. What's with the seat slid all the way fwd on rails? Making up for lack of Pole seat angle?
How does she climb? Heard they climb good....

Sounds like a pretty legit slash and tear full Enduro build you got going on.

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 22:38 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Looks like a Trail Assassin, XB likes the Nobles pic too. What's with the seat slid all the way fwd on rails? Making up for lack of Pole seat angle?
How does she climb? Heard they climb good....

Sounds like a pretty legit slash and tear full Enduro build you got going on.

steeper the seat angle, the better position you are in for climbing. The shock has a climbing switch and that helps... it's not light but you get used to it. Most of my riding are shuttles so all good.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
I bought an ebike this year, the Decoy. Sold out, called my parents and told them I’m gay, all that stuff on the drive home with it. It’s so much fun to ride, no regrets. I ride solo almost all of the time anyways so none of those points have really been an issue.

The only negative I guess is feeling like you cheated after an epic ride. However, going for a ride and covering twice as much ground, twice as many trails as normally possible before you’re bonked is really fun. Can’t decide which loop you want to do today? Do both!

It also happens to be more fun to ride at the bike parks than the DH sled on 90% of the trails that are within my comfort zone so there’s that, too.

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 13:00 Quote
Good way to get bored of trails

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
I bought an ebike this year, the Decoy. Sold out, called my parents and told them I’m gay, all that stuff on the drive home with it. It’s so much fun to ride, no regrets. I ride solo almost all of the time anyways so none of those points have really been an issue.

The only negative I guess is feeling like you cheated after an epic ride. However, going for a ride and covering twice as much ground, twice as many trails as normally possible before you’re bonked is really fun. Can’t decide which loop you want to do today? Do both!

It also happens to be more fun to ride at the bike parks than the DH sled on 90% of the trails that are within my comfort zone so there’s that, too.

Good on you man, XB would never schlag a guy for buying a E-bike, everyone has a fault... Your's is consistently taking the easy way out in life. Also the homophobic slur was not appreciated, Why?: Because it's 2019, don't be a h#mo.

All that said, biggest gripe I've heard with riding an E-bike besides losing respect from the riding community is a slow degradation of overall fitness, but moreso the loss of your anerobic threshold (ie: pushing hard through the end of that punchy climb at Max heart rate). If you were committed to E and going to ride that 100% of the time this would not be an issue, as your cardio would degrade, but the motor would compensate for eternity.

But here's the thing, let's say you were riding 50/50 moped / regular bike: after a few days on an E-bike the tough climbs on a regular bike afterward would feel absolutely terrible and difficult as you have been leaning on that motor so hard. The longer this cycle of rides went, climbing on a regular bike would just feel worse and worse, and harder and you would eventually be like 80% moped, and 20% real bike... Eventually climbs on a real pedal bike would feel exhausting and soul draining and you would only go real for DH only.

I did like the point that you liked this bike as much or more for DH than your regular bike... More evidence stacking up against light DH bikes being a complete waste of money.

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
He really is gay Xb. It’s 2019 dude sone gay guys are not afraid to openly talk about it. To bad about the ebike though.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 21:28 Quote
My overall fitness and respect from the riding community was already at an all time low, so I have that going for me

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 22:42 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
My overall fitness and respect from the riding community was already at an all time low, so I have that going for me

Now your making XB feel bad homie. Just a little satire at your expense.

Building yourself back up from Rock Bottom is the best part, it can only get better... And with that attitude I'm sure you will be setting some low easily attainable goals for yourself.

Come roll with XB next year homie, we can share War Time stories of how we used to be sick back in the day. We can Hot Lap Deez Nutz! I'm sure my dog will like chasing that E-bike.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Now your making XB feel bad homie. Just a little satire at your expense.

Building yourself back up from Rock Bottom is the best part, it can only get better... And with that attitude I'm sure you will be setting some low easily attainable goals for yourself.

Come roll with XB next year homie, we can share War Time stories of how we used to be sick back in the day. We can Hot Lap Deez Nutz! I'm sure my dog will like chasing that E-bike.

All good my man, I’m smiling while pecking at the keys. The fitness is sad but true, had to hang up the motocross boots last year, busted myself up good last March and picked up mountain biking while I was off work for 6 months healing up. Gained a crap ton of weight, cardio was pitiful and was struggling with keeping it fun. The weight’s been shedding, slowly getting back in shape. I’ll schralp some berms with you next year!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017312
Mobile Version of Website