Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 23:43 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
140mm or up out back or just go HT and fook rear travel. I rode 115mm out back for one season. It was fun but you don’t realize how much you huck shit until your under 140mm out back. Thwack Thwack Thwack on ever ride.

And I’m not talking about VJ’s flapping.

XB hates to say it but he kind of mostly agreed with you on all of this. Hardtails are great when your 25.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 17:21 Quote
Heard from a legit source the other day.. That the Big S is dropping a whole new platform of capable E-Bike in the near near future, sub 40 lbs, Super Capable.

Kinda sux, but it's happening.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Heard from a legit source the other day.. That the Big S is dropping a whole new platform of capable E-Bike in the near near future, sub 40 lbs, Super Capable.

It’ll likely be too much ebike for Vernon...

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
ridayobike wrote:

the motor and battery will have to be pretty small. The bike will most likely have xc parts as well to get at that weight. Good bike to bang laps at Kal Park.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 20:59 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Lol, nice... New Enduro is the bike of Vernon... 170mm is required for when the schteeps get chausty and the your whole ride is going bad quickly.

40 lbs total possible for E, with the standard flexy 36 fork...

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 22:34 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Lol, nice... New Enduro is the bike of Vernon... 170mm is required for when the schteeps get chausty and the your whole ride is going bad quickly.

40 lbs total possible for E, with the standard flexy RS fork...

Fixed your post.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 18:23 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

Fixed your post.

EWS Triple Champ disagrees with your statement.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 20:55 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Fixed your post.

EWS Triple Champ disagrees with your statement.

Flexy is faster! more compliance

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
How’s the fat biking bro’s?

Is it true I need 170mm + fork to ride vernon trails in the summer?

Probably gonna need to upgrade if that’s the case.

The answer to the upgrade question is always... Yes.

shredb4dead wrote:
The answer to the upgrade question is always... Yes.

I heard from a bird you bought an e-bike....so I had to come back here and see for my self .

Rumours are just that. I got a severance package handed to me at the end of September. Haven’t earned a dollar since then. They’re will definitely be nothing new for me to ride if employers don’t start calling by the time the snow melts.
Hell, I might be asking the new resort owners for a trail crew summer job if things don’t start coming around soon.

Too much shutteling in the work vehicle?

Jokes aside, best of luck on the hunt. There are lots of interesting opertunites out there. I often lament that Pursuing them isn’t worth the risk when you are already employed.

Lemons and lemonade kinda shit.

cmcrawfo wrote:

Jokes aside, best of luck on the hunt. There are lots of interesting opertunites out there. I often lament that Pursuing them isn’t worth the risk when you are already employed.

Not really enjoying or buying into your new positive personality. Cut the sh#t, cut the act bro.

You do you bro: 27.5 wheeled Turquoise Wobble Link life bro.

cmcrawfo wrote:

Thanks man.
No issues with my performance or car. Lol
New management overloads were told to cut costs in Canada and territories were eliminated in smaller markets. One on the island, me in the interior, one in Alberta, a few in the Maritimes and a hand full of people from the head office. I've made it through every "restructuring" and 2 parent company acquisitions since 2008. I guess it was just my time to become to expensive to keep. Why keep paying a 12 year employees the dollars when we can eliminate positions and dump accounts onto someones plate doubling their workload. I actually feel bad for those who didn't get a package and have to deal with the new workload/management. Good luck to them.
Always remember kids... The closer you get to the top the cooperate ladder the closer you get to the door.

Anyway, enough of that.
Let's get back to bitchin' about how we can't get Propain Bikes imported into Canada. Instead we are forced to keep buying the same old Rocky's, Norco's and American brands cuz no more import bikes allowed.
Let's play a game. If you could eliminate one brand of bike currently available for purchase in Canada to bring a foreign one in which one would it be?
See ya GT or Diamondback. You had your BMX glory days in the 80's, time to go. Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007627
Mobile Version of Website