Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
If the heat is too much and you feel like driving to cherryville, we should chat.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 14:46 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Wonder why Kelowna got hit first......?

They had sick gaps over Barbed wire fences, Wutt liability.

It's been a while eh? Fence gap got rebuilt in 2013 dude...

Might have more to do with stuff like this, you can see it from space!
Is this the raddest bridge ever built on a bike trail

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

Anyone seen a stop work order?

From the Fraser valley this past summer

From gillard 8ish yrs ago

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 15:59 Quote
Ya, thanks tips.

I mean a stop work order related specifically to the trail work that impacts the people talking here on the forum.

the legislation is pretty clear as to how these stop work orders are to be distributed.

And while I understand the spirit of that particular order you posted , it needs to be directed at an individual or organization for the next legal steps to be able to be brought forward. You cant just serve "unknown". if that was the case, they wouldn't need to implement stop work orders in the first place.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 16:03 Quote
1. Build trails without structures... you can't close a natural trail.
2. Don't take pics of you building the trail
3. Don't tell anyone you are building the trail
4. Keep it off TF and social media.

First rule of fight club....

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
1. Build trails without structures... you can't close a natural trail.
2. Don't take pics of you building the trail
3. Don't tell anyone you are building the trail
4. Keep it off TF and social media.

First rule of fight club....

And thats the funny part. If you just drive your dirt bike around its all cool.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 16:12 Quote
But again.... loose lips sink ships.

You cant be building illegally, while blabbing about it and simultaneously harshing on the local Organization and the government.

No fence sitting, Pick a side and shut up.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 16:36 Quote
https://engage.gov.bc.ca/trailsstrategyreview/ Seeing as everyone is talking trail building... might want to look at this.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
Here is the thing. No one that i know of is building in Noble except moto so it is weird that there is a crack down now. It seems a couple of years to late or even longer. I wonder if cleaning up dead fall is the same as building to the government.

Im guessing now that Forestry has f*cked up so back Tolco is leaving that they need to f*ck up something else now.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 18:17 Quote
dfbland wrote:
https://engage.gov.bc.ca/trailsstrategyreview/ Seeing as everyone is talking trail building... might want to look at this.

lots of talk that will result in very little to no action... typical government it will just get passed off. Better to build a trail and ask for forgiveness and hope it gets grandfathered in.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 18:20 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Here is the thing. No one that i know of is building in Noble except moto so it is weird that there is a crack down now. It seems a couple of years to late or even longer. I wonder if cleaning up dead fall is the same as building to the government.

Im guessing now that Forestry has f*cked up so back Tolco is leaving that they need to f*ck up something else now.

The management of the woodlot is pretty hilarious. The combination of poorly planted second/third growth, with the shit mix of growth on your side is kinda laughable.

removing dead fall is totally legal. Unless they are putting a stop work order for trail maintenance, then you can only clear dead fall if its not on a trail.... you can mark a path through the woods with flags or rock cairns, and you can clear said path of dead fall to allow your passage, weather you intended to use the route once or several times.... but it gets complicated when there is a mountain bike involved.... as there is almost always some type of soil grubbing. Soil grubbing requires a work permit. Driving a dirt bike, does not .... its a funny little world.

...at some point the route becomes a trail, and then its subject to other parts of the legislation.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 18:42 Quote
I’m aboriginal. Building Forrest trails are part of my heritage.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 20:07 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:

You're Australian?

Seriously though and all racism aside, if you go deep enough down the rabbit hole you'll realize that these laws were created and are enforced by a colonel state which stole the land from the indigenous peoples.....most of BC is unceded land...no treaty's were signed. The ancestorial people believe that the land is kin to them.

With that in mind creating a trail that's not an environmental abomination, that brings joy to you and your community and doesnt exploit the land for a monetary gain is about as kin as kin can be.
Good luck arguing that to the supreme court though...

Reconcile or re-conciliation?

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 8:44 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:

You should register your own non profit, and develop a working relationship with a local band. You would likely be an unstoppable force in the realm of trail stewardship.... actually being serious here.

"you can do more damage from inside the system " - SLC punk.

.... although, with that said... the business oriented model of trail building is really what everyone here has a beef with. Particularly in the context of traditional "Builder Culture"... If you take that trail survey, you will see, its all about money and resources.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008968
Mobile Version of Website