Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

I was gunna last year with my free day but closing weekend at silver star I ate shit hard and split my face open and it ended that plan lol, heard sunpeaks is gnarly but the new Canada line looks pretty dope for flow

It’s fun and they did a good job with it, the jumps are small and some sections of it could use a little work but I liked it. It’s easy for a blue though beginners would have no problem navigating it. It would fit somewhere in between Shazam and Rock Star for comparisons sake.

Sun Peaks is steep and rough, there’s not much there lower than black and double black so it’s cool that they added something fun for the masses.

Better than Canada line is bermelade for blue flow but it isn’t top to bottom so you need to take something else to hit it.

Upper Mach to Sugar to Bermalade to Sweet One is the lap to ride.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 15:51 Quote
I havent been there in years but the last time I was I had the run of the year...a pinner insanity one to a brakeless sweet one I think, whatever the gully trail is...

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
It's: Rock-Pro-Walk-Dawg ... is the line at S.S.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
ridayobike wrote:

In 2013 I vowed to never go back to SS again, no regrets

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
k-towntrailryder wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Why dont you like SS?

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 16:09 Quote
XB uses Silver Star to access Sovereign trails, Upper Daggamal is legit.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 16:11 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Why dont you like SS?

not enough natural trail for me.... just berms and awkward jumps. The 8 yr old loves it though.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 17:11 Quote
Feel good Vernon bike related video

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 17:24 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:

Why dont you like SS?

not enough natural trail for me.... just berms and awkward jumps. The 8 yr old loves it though.

Yup. More people should stay away. Not worth the trip.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 17:25 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
kmag76 wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Just grinding your XX1's .... Seems like most ppl are going shorter travel. Bikes past I think the geo was holding a guy back more on the Deep&$teep than the travel was for sure... Guess we will find out in a few years, see which way the trend goes... Stay tooned.

If the Office keeps doing well, ship that Fork / Shock off to Vorsprung in Whistler they'll bring you up to pro level performance.

On another note, my kids can thank this thread!
A few weeks back, there were discussions about buying kids bikes. I myself was going to try and "once again" piece together something for them. But the discussion on here, led me to going the other route and just buy them each a new sick whip.
We will see if it helps their riding.

Don’t worry, I still have my evil the forbidden is for other things .... but I am gonna cobble my kids up some piles of shit to ride around on .... please tell me ur wife riding in all your punched out old gear. You cheap ass mother f*cker.

Lol, not even close! she has a new bike and all new gear. you sound like your talking from experience! :/
The kids have all new gear as well, the biggest problem i was having was trying to get bikes to fit them.
Until recently, the kids bike option just wasn't there...

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:

Why dont you like SS?

I get enough natural trail riding during the other 2/3’s of the bike season. I go to Silver Star to rail berms and fly. Not sure if you’ve been up there in the last few years but the reworks on Rockstar and lower Pipe Dream are dialled. Hopefully upper Pipe Dream gets the same love this year.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 18:03 Quote
Lower pipe dream was deadly last year, reminded me of Whistler.

When do early bird season passes usually go on sale?

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 18:22 Quote
Camstyn wrote:

Just post your visa number and cvv code here. They can process them right through the forums. Pretty rad.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Why dont you like SS?

Total snooze fest...

The rock face on downtown is about the only thing there that excites me and I'm not paying $40 to ride the same bloody bomb holes I rode on 2005.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 18:35 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Just post your visa number and cvv code here. They can process them right through the forums. Pretty rad.

Haha you beat me to it man lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017536
Mobile Version of Website