Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 7:00 Quote
More likely it’s a compliance drone. They are being deployed all over the world to help police the populace. Temperature sensors, facial ID. AI commanding you to separate and go home.

But I am sure like all the temporary surveillance cameras the put up for the Toronto g20, things like this will stop being used afterwards.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 7:37 Quote
It's a matter of time before we (BC) shut it down completely... Also trails are getting ravaged out there, it's sad... I've spotted Vernon-Jeffs tires creating mud rutts all over town. Water errosion bad this year. Thanks V-,J ✓

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
Maybe the club and B.C. parks should get their own drones.

If we are gonna be oppressed by technology, may as well make the oppression worth it.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 20:21 Quote

Best riding of the year. Trinity Valley Trail system.... Get sum.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 21:22 Quote
Most shocking part of the photo is that the back of that Rocky is still in one piece.

Everyone should ride Deez Nutz right now!!!! The Nut Rutt is getting Mellow. #MakeTheRuttGreatAgain.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 21:46 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Maybe the club and B.C. parks should get their own drones.

If we are gonna be oppressed by technology, may as well make the oppression worth it.

Be great if you could apply to FIPPA for the video to use for your youtube channel. Save $1000+ for your own drone.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 5:19 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:

Best riding of the year. Trinity Valley Trail system.... Get sum.

Wrong. too much snow. my trails still had two or 3 feet last week

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
I see they are pushing the sub 2K USD bikes on main page now... Smart Play Marketers, good timing. How many of you still eye'ing up that new 8-10k bike... Yah thought so, exaaaactly. The Bike industry is going to take a massive delayed hit unfortunately. There's gonna be some fixed up Jalopy's out on the trail this year... 26" will be more than acceptable in 2020, you'll look like a Rich F#ck if you still own a bike. Ooooh wait, who you going to sell it to, that's right everyone's broke ... Especially when the talk of them turning the Herd (Sheeple) back to shaking hands and kissing Babies is predicted for May ---> July ... Still lots of time still for Panic son's.

X-CBC

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
I see they are pushing the sub 2K USD bikes on main page now... Smart Play Marketers, good timing. How many of you still eye'ing up that new 8-10k bike... Yah thought so, exaaaactly. The Bike industry is going to take a massive delayed hit unfortunately. There's gonna be some fixed up Jalopy's out on the trail this year... 26" will be more than acceptable in 2020, you'll look like a Rich F#ck if you still own a bike. Ooooh wait, who you going to sell it to, that's right everyone's broke ... Especially when the talk of them turning the Herd (Sheeple) back to shaking hands and kissing Babies is predicted for May ---> July ... Still lots of time still for Panic son's.

X-CBC

Most predictions of a return to baby kissing in early summer seem to be coming from wishful thinkers. As for cheap bikes, methinks there will be a glut of DH bikes on the market, especially from bike park rental fleets. If you have the means and the foresight for next season, you may get a chance at bargain on a dual crown.

As I was considering the bleak near term prospects of lift access and shuttle based riding, and calculating the road distance from my house to any trail heads, given the parking is closed, I realized that this crisis may herald the rise of the ebike. May as well sell your trucks, my friends, and join the revolution

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 11:58 Quote
E-Bikes are the Future... Go tell Elon Musk (hits Blunt) that electric vehicles aren't a real thing when Tesla is now the 2nd largest car Company in the world, and worth more than a Small Country. Running out of lithium, and other raw materials to make these batteries is a real thing... Plus there is no mass scale battery recycling plans in place. So realistically they will run out of battery materials before we run out of Oil. Keep the Super Duché... Diesels gonna be cheap, Conservatives and Rednecks win.

All that said, F#&- E-BIKES they can lick XB's snatch.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
First wave of good used deals will be clustered among oil and gas workers. Expect to see liquidation of sleds, dirt bikes and sweet trucks as oil crashes out sub 20.

I suspect DH rigs would fall in that same category. Dentist are currently under employed, but Dr’s will be working over time, so that will balance out the supply of lightly used evils, unnos and trust forks.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
First wave of good used deals will be clustered among oil and gas workers. Expect to see liquidation of sleds, dirt bikes and sweet trucks as oil crashes out sub 20.

I suspect DH rigs would fall in that same category. Dentist are currently under employed, but Dr’s will be working over time, so that will balance out the supply of lightly used evils, unnos and trust forks.

I hear Dr's are struggling as well since most of their income comes from their practice and billing for direct hours which has been reduced significantly with the zombie apocalypse. I believe that E.R. doctors are crazy busy, but I don't know if they make more money the busier they are of they are just working way harder for the same amount.

However liquor store owners are killing it right now.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
Liquor Stores we're crushing it after '08 collapse too..., full on recession Proof... Some Gov weed stores have seen a DBL uptick in sales last few weeks in Vernon.

The Peeps are stressed. I guess staying Leanin' is the vast majorities Coping Mechanism... It leads to more problems as we all know. The Silver lining to this story is nothing cures the hang over like another drink, Line of Coke, or Fat Jay, you get the idea...

Anyone thinking the Riots are coming soon are idiots. It's when the money for the Drugs&Booze runs out: Watch the f*ck out!

AR-14 loaded and ready under the mattress. Stay strapped homies, Stay ready.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
NOBODY NEEDS AN AR-14 -sleepy joe biden. Is Kalamalka still a no go?

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:35 Quote
Come try and take it from me Tru-Dope... And find out what happens? Waco all over again.
Kal never was closed bro... It's just rutting up real bad, so if you wanna be a dick like (un-named) go fill your boots bud.

... But yah all the real trails probably still have snow on them.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011249
Mobile Version of Website