Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
Canada Post bro's Trudeau always delivers.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
k-towntrailryder wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:

Sick link brah, internet much?

Fair.

I am mobile. And was just trying to provide context to a-14.

Is xb really as dumb as joe Biden?

Ya, mobile's a bitch sometimes....all I know about guns is that an AR-15 is the school shooters gun of choice...
That's like thinking a honda civic is a hot car because it has flames and a spoiler on it.
Knows nothing, has strong opinions. Is your name Carol, Sharon, or Karen? I agree though, all you need is a double barrel shotgun.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
srh2 wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

You wanna hear dark, I’ve got bike parts stuck at ups Kelowna and I can’t get in touch with anyone at ups. I’d go and pick it up but they don’t even have an address for their warehouse. It’s shit like this that’s gonna cause the collapse of law and order.

UPS is shit. I've had several packages (Pre-COVID-19) that were displayed via online tracking as arrived, followed by out for delivery. A few days later that same package will suddenly show up as delayed due to a flight delay. Then nothing for a week. After multiple phone calls UPS will then claim they "lost" the package.

I am reading online reviews and it seems whoever has the contract in Kelowna is uniquely shit. My package efficiently made its way up to that point and then it all fell apart. The sender has tried three times to contact them to no avail.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
srh2 wrote:

UPS is shit. I've had several packages (Pre-COVID-19) that were displayed via online tracking as arrived, followed by out for delivery. A few days later that same package will suddenly show up as delayed due to a flight delay. Then nothing for a week. After multiple phone calls UPS will then claim they "lost" the package.

I am reading online reviews and it seems whoever has the contract in Kelowna is uniquely shit. My package efficiently made its way up to that point and then it all fell apart. The sender has tried three times to contact them to no avail.

Sounds about right. I live in Lake Country and my packages will get as far as the Kelowna airport and then often mysteriously vanish. In one case, my order was out for delivery for 2 consecutive days. Then UPS claimed it was delayed due to poor weather. It had been beautiful, dry and sunny for over a week.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Yes, wait what we're we just talking about???

This makes my brain hurt.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
NachoManRandySalad wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
Yes, wait what we're we just talking about???

This makes my brain hurt.

We're going through something familiar presently. Package for the kiddo was supposed to show up last Monday. We've heard everything from poor weather, medical emergency, to driver showed symptoms of COVID-19 shy of reaching our house.

UselessPostalService.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 16:57 Quote
Too bad there aren’t there places to buy things locally, where your dollars could go back into the community and support local bros.

... ya, just kidding. Online deals are crazy.

Oh and, virus. Isolation. I am an obedient citizen

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
World's Ending ... Ppl complaining about late packages. Check your privilege and Tracking # ... You guys are funny. XB still running 30psi in his Minions through the Fallout, Don't care about your opinions.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 17:50 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Too bad there aren’t there places to buy things locally, where your dollars could go back into the community and support local bros.

The local bike shops win when I bring in what I’ve broken due to my failed diy jobs.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 18:10 Quote
Except when you bring a Commencal / YT passed the Threshold and the LBS shows you the middle finger and the door. If you bought online you shudd be ashamed.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:05 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Except when you bring a Commencal / YT passed the Threshold and the LBS shows you the middle finger and the door. If you bought online you shudd be ashamed.

You know that I’m a Santa Cruz bro brah, brah.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:09 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

You know that I’m a Santa Cruz bro brah, brah.

XB sees assymalating to the Herd is not an issue with you. Good Citizen.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
ridayobike wrote:

I used to offer backyard bike service for beers Pre-apocalypse. Catered mostly to the marginalized and disenfranchised.... now impossible to operate safely post lock down. So many jankey bikes out there that can’t get substandard hack service anymore.

Troubled times my friends

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:23 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

We are all obedient citizens... for now.

It's fine right now, stay home, work from home, flatten the curve, slow the rate of infection. It makes sense... but...
If projections end up being 2.1 million people sitting at home out of work until July? That won't happen.
The large corporations of the world will NOT let that fly. A tipping point will come. A point when big business say that's it, we've done all we can for the greater good and flattening the curve but we need to get rolling again or there will be nothing left to re-open. At that point it will be back to work and every man for themselves. We hope you don't get sick but good luck. Natural selection will take care of the rest.
I say this tipping point comes... mid May.

The Virus vs. AI vs. Natural Disaster battle to take out mankind continues.
Round one goes to The Covid.

That's what I call it now... The Covid

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:28 Quote
Oh silly shred.

Martial Law will solve all that.

You can relax and let yourself get f*cked, or they can pin you down and sodomize you.

Consider yourself lucky that you still have the choice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007979
Mobile Version of Website