Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 5:50 Quote
Siiikkk track Shred, close enough to Metal for XB! Like the multiple camera angles. Would be dope if you mixed in a POV angle (chest cam Go-Pro) of pump track to show what it's like.

Siiiiiiikkkkkkk

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
I don’t own a Go-Pro so multi angle is all I got.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
Shred, when are you going to start offering professional trail building services?

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 8:19 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Shred, when are you going to start offering professional trail building services?

Dude, this hand built stuff is waaaay too much work. I’ll leave the professional building to the guys with the machines.

My day gig is much less psychical and pays better too. Lol

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Dude, this hand built stuff is waaaay too much work. I’ll leave the professional building to the guys with the machines.

My day gig is much less psychical and pays better too. Lol

you know.....They will rent a machine to anyone, and you need a skillset just slight above "monkey" to operate it.

...and at 40k + per trail contract ..... I bet you could do ok (as a side gig or retirement project that is)

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 8:37 Quote
This is true, maybe I’ll rent a machine next year. I’d have to ask my neighbour for use of her driveway to access this area by machine.

Maybe a retirement gig once I get out of the working world.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
Sweet track shred.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
That looks awesome, and I bet it would flow nicely run in reverse on ebikes too

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 15:02 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
That looks awesome, and I bet it would flow nicely run in reverse on ebikes too

Ha! That was good.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
E-bike pump track challenge is coming. Mark my words

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 16:41 Quote
Track looks bigger on video, sweet edit... Thanks Shred : Added to Spank Bank....

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
I can confirm that, other than being slick as shit from the rain, Fraidy Cat/36DD were running great. I saw a bear on Rotten Cabin too, so that was fun.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 19:23 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
I can confirm that, other than being slick as shit from the rain, Fraidy Cat/36DD were running great. I saw a bear on Rotten Cabin too, so that was fun.

What direction were you riding? We are only interested in uphill ride reports around here.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
As I was grinding up the climber unfriendly Stoned Free an E-bike came along and rolled right past me. He was going up so no complaints. That said I couldn’t help but think why the f*ck am I doing this the difficult way? Might be time to sell it all and get out.
I grind for sales at work, I grind to keep the household running, and I grind to look after my aging parents. Why am I grinding out here too for something that’s supposed to be fun?

Then I realized it’s my first trail ride grind climb of the year, It will be better next time. Lies, climbing never gets better. Lol

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 10:02 Quote
You're right, climbing never gets better, but the more up = more down.
1 rule I have---never end a ride with a climb.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009675
Mobile Version of Website