Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
Herd Bacon Trail Boss is a Dead Beat, doesn't look after sh#t.

No worse than they guy taking care of shy turtle

Could be worse... Heard a wife and bunch of kids took over your trail because they do a better job working on it, ooooh snap.

Nicely played.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

No worse than they guy taking care of shy turtle

Could be worse... Heard a wife and bunch of kids took over your trail because they do a better job working on it, ooooh snap.

Nicely played.

I try.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 17:26 Quote
I’m not sure who is all involved with that new cut section in the middle of the Squirrel but well done. From there down is running good. Hiked a little bit up from there to check the old line. It’s actually in pretty good shape. Just needs a brush back and some big old tables now. Lol

Like this

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 20:08 Quote
SoS/Baconator were primo this morning, buddy survived it and wants more. I promised his wife I wouldn’t kill him so next up will be the bike parks. Anyone done 5620 yet this year? Worth the drive?

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 21:49 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I’m not sure who is all involved with that new cut section in the middle of the Squirrel but well done. From there down is running good. Hiked a little bit up from there to check the old line. It’s actually in pretty good shape. Just needs a brush back and some big old tables now. Lol

If it's the section I'm thinking, I was told it's a few guys from Tolko

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 22:52 Quote
NachoManRandySalad wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Like this.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 23:48 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
NachoManRandySalad wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Like this.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 23:48 Quote
What is this Inception?

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
SoS/Baconator were primo this morning, buddy survived it and wants more. I promised his wife I wouldn’t kill him so next up will be the bike parks. Anyone done 5620 yet this year? Worth the drive?

It looks like 5650 has lift access to the top this year. I’m itching to get out there

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

It looks like 5650 has lift access to the top this year. I’m itching to get out there

I saw on TF that the climb trail was closed, was wondering what was up with that.

In that case is there any point in bringing the DH bike there, or is the blue flow trail description accurate and a trail/enduro bike is better suited for this?

Edit, just watched a youtube vid, looks like any sort of DH bike would be way overkill.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
Been really wet here in revy, seeing lots of pic from the shi hill and it's a mud fest.

Boulder's running mint right now, lots of new work as always and sunnyside just finally opened. Blanket and frisby dh/ufc are running good, martha ridge is almost clear, road shouldn't be to far behind, could access off the first road, maybe the second.

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 1:54 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

I saw on TF that the climb trail was closed, was wondering what was up with that.

In that case is there any point in bringing the DH bike there, or is the blue flow trail description accurate and a trail/enduro bike is better suited for this?

Edit, just watched a youtube vid, looks like any sort of DH bike would be way overkill.

No need for a Dh bike for 5650, it didn’t even have breaking bumps when I went. Also, if you plan to do things like a UFC shuttle afterwards, you won’t want your big rig.

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 8:52 Quote
UFC and Ultimate Frisby are made for DH bikes....Steep, loose and fast! You also have Martha, Cartier and Boulder.

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
UFC and Ultimate Frisby are made for DH bikes....Steep, loose and fast! You also have Martha, Cartier and Boulder.

I somehow remember peddling; more like Big Ed than Nobles. Alcohol has turned my brain into Swiss cheese, though, and lots was drunk in Revy, so perhaps I am misremembering.

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
it's flowy up top with an odd pedal (UFC) but UF is gnarls.... and you won't get creaky crowns on your wimpy single crown.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011619
Mobile Version of Website