Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 21:30 Quote
Was just checking out the rental options at silver star. In the premium offerings they include a Structure Janus. What a bizarre monstrosity.

How does that even make it onto a rental fleet.

photo

https://structure.bike/pages/tech/#Design

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 21:57 Quote
p0zi wrote:
Was just checking out the rental options at silver star. In the premium offerings they include a Structure Janus. What a bizarre monstrosity.

How does that even make it onto a rental fleet.

photo

https://structure.bike/pages/tech/#Design

So I've thrown a leg over one of these, and yes, while they're super f*cking ugly, they ride phenomenally. A buddy of mine raced it in Kamloops at the Marin Enduro last year (the demo guy let him, I was pretty surprised).

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 22:20 Quote
Fascinating. Certainly a function over form design, like the Trust forks. Would be interesting to try for sure but I would have some initial hesitation for sure going down some of the DH runs at the hill.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 23:21 Quote
Trust fork didn't work well in the jank... apparently this thing works really well. Couple of youtube vids on it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 6:13 Quote
How does that front end not have lateral flex like Crazy?

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 7:24 Quote
Doesn’t matter how woke you all become, the MTB masses will never buy into something that looks different from their agreed upon norms.

At the most, we will superficially acknowledge it’s abilities, give it glowing reviews, all while we idly sit back and watch the company go into receivership.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
From a maintenance stand point, there at least 16extra bearing in that linkage ( vs tradition) and a second headset... people can even bleed a reverb without complaining... let alone service those extra pivots. that’s a mechanical nightmare in the waiting.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Doesn’t matter how woke you all become, the MTB masses will never buy into something that looks different from their agreed upon norms.

At the most, we will superficially acknowledge it’s abilities, give it glowing reviews, all while we idly sit back and watch the company go into receivership.

True, unless it was a significant enough improvement that it won races and all the racers adopted it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 8:42 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

True, unless it was a significant enough improvement that it won races and all the racers adopted it.

I dont know what raceing has to do with it.

I am talking about making preconceived judgement and holding bias against something just because of how it looks.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 10:30 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
From a maintenance stand point, there at least 16extra bearing in that linkage ( vs tradition) and a second headset... people can even bleed a reverb without complaining... let alone service those extra pivots. that’s a mechanical nightmare in the waiting.

In addition to that I would be seriously concerned about future support. All of that bike is bespoke.

People who bought into trust now have a $2000 freak of nature that they will run into problems when needing to service.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
p0zi wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

In addition to that I would be seriously concerned about future support. All of that bike is bespoke.

People who bought into trust now have a $2000 freak of nature that they will run into problems when needing to service.

I hold a biase against novel suspension fork design for that exact reason.

Circa 1998, I had a Look Fournales suspension fork .... think Girvin, but carbon with an air shock, and very French.

anyway, in 1999 the bushings developed pay and Look decided to stop supporting the costly abomination. to replace it I bought a fox fork some time around 2000.... and I can still get all the required service parts for that fox today.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
Trust has a service center somewhere in the states but once the parts are gone good luck. Look at how high the prices are in the Buy and Sell.... good luck selling them.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
My Fournales has been hanging on the wall of the shop that sold it for the last 20 years, as a homage to that guy who bought a beautifully designed and unsupported suspension fork.

For the Record, that fork was crazy light and preformed exceeding well by 1999's standards.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
If I could go back to 1998, I would tell my self to buy the full Paul components MTB group instead of that fork .... hindsight.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 13:08 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

I dont know what raceing has to do with it.

I am talking about making preconceived judgement and holding bias against something just because of how it looks.

Get a clue bud. If your winning races on Sunday, your selling units on Monday. You new here? First week bud?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016804
Mobile Version of Website