Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Author Message
Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
the notion of dirtbags in sports like MTB and skiing is an idealistic throw back to days that never happened.


These sports have always been dominated by the elite, but people like to think of them selves in more flattering ways ... so we hold up the one example as an idol and try to pretend that these activities are not materialistic virtue signals.

Like the hooded ninja and the horn helmed Viking, another heroic figure of my youth consigned to myth by cold, harsh analysis.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 18:45 Quote
We're speaking in Haiku's again, we lost the lurkers for good.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 11:10 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
the notion of dirtbags in sports like MTB and skiing is an idealistic throw back to days that never happened.


These sports have always been dominated by the elite, but people like to think of them selves in more flattering ways ... so we hold up the one example as an idol and try to pretend that these activities are not materialistic virtue signals.

This is bloody poetry.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
Any good stories from shuttling Noble's on Long w3knd?

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 6:01 Quote
Park man. Come on.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
OK, any good near Miss stories on the Gate Keepers?

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 8:30 Quote
Jaffa in love or just swiping right?

Or both Pimp

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Jaffa in love or just swiping right?

Or both Pimp

Nice pictures MtnmanJan... Life can be pretty colorful.

Sea to Sky Gondola just got cut down, again! 55mm cable cut by a person. How do you cut that and not die from the stored energy in cable??? Cordless grinder taped to a 20' long 2x4? Nuts.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 19:22 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
We're speaking in Haiku's again, we lost the lurkers for good.

still here

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 20:11 Quote
Off topic but throw your MTB's away... moto got nuts!


Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
We're speaking in Haiku's again, we lost the lurkers for good.

still here

Hey Jessie,
We’re you the one saying you were looking at a Ripmo AF?
I saw one sitting in Skyride last week with a sold tag on it. Just curious if that one is yours.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 21:28 Quote
MOTO has been way more bad ass for the last 30 years at least. They got groupies, cool tatoo's, respect from the World.
We have chamois butter, granola, and 130MM So-called Super Enduro bikes that cost more than their top of line MX Bike counterparts... that are way more bad ass and have a motor. Tell that nice lady you MTB, guaranteed not getting laid. XB's came to grips with being huge Geek.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
MOTO has been way more bad ass for the last 30 years at least. They got groupies, cool tatoo's, respect from the World.
We have chamois butter, granola, and 130MM So-called Super Enduro bikes that cost more than their top of line MX Bike counterparts... that are way more bad ass and have a motor. Tell that nice lady you MTB, guaranteed not getting laid. XB's came to grips with being huge Geek.

And yet, put an electric assist on a mountain bike, something the detractors are more likely to call an”motor” than anyone, bringing it closer to moto, and suddenly it is way LESS cool than mtb. It’s a confusing world.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 16:46 Quote
True, but their pretty cool now, getting there.

180mm Ransom E-BIKE, Ultimate Noble's Bike.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 17:00 Quote
Ahh. SS with their unlimited vs Ltd season pass. Dragged my heels too long and now I'll have to pay full price for less days with blackouts.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009696
Mobile Version of Website