Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 18:57 Quote
Shame I missed the lift line drama today.

Glad to hear our resident trolls don’t stand for that kind of shit IRL either.

#liftLineJustice

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 19:48 Quote
What I miss? Going tomorrow instead, this rain will do some good

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 20:08 Quote
Douchebag decides to tailgate a family with kids down a black run and then proceeds to yell at the kids in the lift line about it. VJ decides he wasn’t listening to that shit so he walked up the line and calmly informed said douchebag that It was time he calmed down and f*cked off, if he knew what was good for him. That worked, until patrol arrived and led the douchebag off the mountain. Later reports suggest that our douchebag actually pushed his handlebar into one of the kids as he passed after they made way for him on the trail.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 20:16 Quote
You know those kids talked mad sh#t to the Super-Bro dude when their mom wasn't listening. Kid probably had the handlebar thing coming... Good on Vernon-Jeff to flex on the guy, sounded like a c#nt for sure.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 21:23 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Douchebag decides to tailgate a family with kids down a black run and then proceeds to yell at the kids in the lift line about it. VJ decides he wasn’t listening to that shit so he walked up the line and calmly informed said douchebag that It was time he calmed down and f*cked off, if he knew what was good for him. That worked, until patrol arrived and led the douchebag off the mountain. Later reports suggest that our douchebag actually pushed his handlebar into one of the kids as he passed after they made way for him on the trail.

Probably the same douchebag yelling at kids last year after one had bailed on a jump at the bottom part of Superstar (where the trails merge, has the lead in with all the bricks) and instead of waiting, decided he had enough and damn near smashed into the kid as the kid was trying to drag his bike out of the way... my friend unloaded on him in the lift line too and DB went from tough guy to apology pretty quick. Why so much hate to the kids? Maybe jealousy for how gnarly they’ll become in the near future? Envious of their youthful ability to biff hard and walk away without injury? Uncalled for I’d say.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 6:53 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Hey Jessie,
We’re you the one saying you were looking at a Ripmo AF?
I saw one sitting in Skyride last week with a sold tag on it. Just curious if that one is yours.

It is! Just got into town and am picking it up today - pumped.

It’s a fine machine, enjoy the new ride.

Thanks. Took it for a quick ride at Kal to get acquainted and the rear with that coil is straight buttery on the downs. Does not climb like an ebike though haha.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
Poachninja wrote:

Yeah, a dude in the line we talked to was near the guy when they came to remove him. Apparently he gave one of the teens a handlebar bump when riding buy out on the hill a was not apologetic at all when they came to remove him from the line. Banned for life was mentioned.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

It is! Just got into town and am picking it up today - pumped.

It’s a fine machine, enjoy the new ride.

Thanks. Took it for a quick ride at Kal to get acquainted and the rear with that coil is straight buttery on the downs. Does not climb like an ebike though haha.

Nice.
Nothing climbs like an E.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

Yeah, a dude in the line we talked to was near the guy when they came to remove him. Apparently he gave one of the teens a handlebar bump when riding buy out on the hill a was not apologetic at all when they came to remove him from the line. Banned for life was mentioned.

They weren’t teens. Between 7 and 12 and I think 7 of them. Biggest tire size in that group was 24 inch

They took his pass for the day and I’m not sure it would of went farther but he was lippy. I could here him beaking off to patrol.

When I got involved he was arguing with the parents, yellling at the kids. It went on for about 5 minutes before I clued in. He was really good about arguing with kids and moms but he left pretty quick when I explained where his best interest lay. f*ck that guy.

Line up were atrocious again. I think I’m going to skip winter

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 8:42 Quote
Between 7-12? Even worse.
I can hear him talking to others right now. I used to go to Silver Star but now I’m on a no ride list. Fu*k that guy.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 9:05 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

They weren’t teens. Between 7 and 12 and I think 7 of them. Biggest tire size in that group was 24 inch

They took his pass for the day and I’m not sure it would of went farther but he was lippy. I could here him beaking off to patrol.

When I got involved he was arguing with the parents, yellling at the kids. It went on for about 5 minutes before I clued in. He was really good about arguing with kids and moms but he left pretty quick when I explained where his best interest lay. f*ck that guy.

Line up were atrocious again. I think I’m going to skip winter

Your so tough, Vernon-Jeff ... Guy deserved it, the feeling of someone tougher beaking him... You wanna roll with XB in the lift line next year? XB tends to beek heavy, you can toss fools when they step up to him. Win, win... You get to go WWE, and XB can unleash all his new material on Enduro Warriors and ppl riding a bike brand he doesn't like. Sound good?

Good you don't shy away from Drama Vaj-J ... Or does the Drama always find you? Looking tough AF probably comes at a price.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 18:19 Quote
New information Re: lift line drama.

Momma bear was responsible for re-initiating the confrontation, where she was adamant her kids should not yield to faster riders on black trails.

Does that change things drastically, marginally or not at all?

I am attempting to source the GoPro footage

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
New information Re: lift line drama.

Momma bear was responsible for re-initiating the confrontation, where she was adamant her kids should not yield to faster riders on black trails.

Does that change things drastically, marginally or not at all?

I am attempting to source the GoPro footage

I am not sure that momma bear and her cubs were ever in the "right", as it is true that slower riders should yield to faster on blacks, it was the way said douchebag handled it that made his stance untenable.

I think this highlights a more general problem, that the belief that our cause is "right", or worse yet, "righteous". gives us carte blanche to enforce it by any means. It is not dissimilar to the douchebag confronting the handicapped dude on the ebike, at least in motivation, for why he felt justified in being a c*nt.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
Interesting. If Karen re-engaged the verbal confrontation in the lift line then maybe some verbal f-u Karen was deserved.
That said dude riding by giving a kid the bar is a shit move.

I’ve been held up many times this year by young kids and noobs. Annoying when it happens but never did I ever consider bumping or running someone off the trail. That’s a shit move.

Proper gatekeepers that don’t allow anyone to roll through would help. In that case you only have to deal with people who duck around the ropes.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 19:21 Quote
Yikes. Well that changes it drastically. I guess this is a lesson to never help anyone ever with anything as they probably deserved it.

Any wise stories on this subject poach?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008943
Mobile Version of Website