Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:19 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
You got something against pedaling? It's called a Pedal Bike, check the Start up Users Guide that came with Bike: Probably reads: you gotta pedal, this sh#t ain't easy.

I have nothing against pedaling, I'm just not fond of too much pedaling. We've went through all this before no need to do it again. I pedaled up, wanted all down, mostly got it and the trail was pretty good. What was being sold this time is what we got. Well done.

Sorry, XB's material be getting a little light. We totally played out this exact scenario be4 didn't we...?

Just face it, you and I are purrrrrfect candidates for E-Bikes aren't we. XB's just still in denial, and you are waiting for the 26lb model.

46lbs long travel model, you got one number wrong. And don't tell me about the Levo SL trail bike. Put that SL motor in a 170/170 29er and I'll shuttle all the things with it.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
After riding up to BK last week, the climb up to the Mantle had never seemed so quick. Conditions were incredible today. Only ever been out in the summer when its all dust & gravel so hero dirt & dry rocks was killer.

Does the trail get snowed in early at the top of Ellison/Predator?

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
Some years, it don't even snow at Pred / Ellie bro... Year round dirt.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 11:41 Quote
It always snows at pred/ Ellison.

I can’t recall a year it didn’t snow.

But it’s usually good riding through November

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
Bro 2010 or something, it like never snowed that year pretty much at all... Dert was available all year... maybe only like a few weeks not rideable due to snow tops. It just melted, and went back to tacky goodness, rinse and repeat. The secrets out bud. It's been known as the winter riding Mecca for years bro, Kelowna guys have been driving NORTH! for early season riding for years bro. It's the first set of real MTB all-mtn'ey trails that open up close to them, so they all go to Ellie all because of the no-snow-bro. Deez-Nutz is the only trail that gives the Ellison area any credibility of an advanced Gnar-Core network... So yah, it will draw the Enduro Warriors as well.

Early February riding, Epic Brown Pow

Here's that terrible Spesh bike...

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
I feel like that one year is an exception to the rule. Old time vernonites often comment on how much more snow there was in the good old days.

And recently, I have had to shovel my driveway every winter.

How did you ride without a dropper post?

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
I feel like that one year is an exception to the rule. Old time vernonites often comment on how much more snow there was in the good old days.

And recently, I have had to shovel my driveway every winter.

How did you ride without a dropper post?

No dropper was tough, Hobo-Budget... the dropper post was so far outta the budget back then. It was like a CERB couch surfer looking at a full XTR 12 speed drive train setup: at double the price of SRAM GX with only like a total of 150 grams weight savings, and the XTR having no performance advantages over mid tier SRAM...

Yah, no dropper sucked for years.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 14:50 Quote
Seriously, when did droppers come onto the scene? It is my recollection that they weren’t really around much in 2010.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
Think I had the first one in town. KS on my 09 Trance.
I remember Pete @ Oly saying "Why would you want that when you can just stop & lower your saddle!"
Times have changed.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
Wasn't that First KS dropper that came out like $400-$600 at least and complete trash?

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 17:54 Quote
1984 joe breeze invented the hight right adjustable seat post.... cost 20$

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
Your were 1 in 1984...

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 18:00 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Your were 1 in 1984...

Ya but..You were probably 20

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Wasn't that First KS dropper that came out like $400-$600 at least and complete trash?

Can't remember the price, but yes it wasn't super reliable. Mostly dirt in cable issues. Totally user serviceable, though.
Still more reliable than any Reverb I've had the misfortune to own.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 10:05 Quote
Reverb never stopped Sam Hill from winning multiple championships...

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009389
Mobile Version of Website