Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
I preferer a mix of EPO and amphetamines.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 17:24 Quote
Just change the E in e bike for good Ole 'E'. Get all drugged up and pedal the shit outta the climb. They're lowering punishment for non weed and cocaine and other recreational drugs so why not. Crystal meth would make for crazy good trail focus and could get the heroine chique bod' to boot.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
I did some no boats laps the other day and realized they are the perfect length to time cocaine bumps. If you see me on strava with consecutively faster laps through the day, you’ll know why

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 18:17 Quote
So back in the days when people where committed to this sport I found drinking to be of value. It took the hesitation out if the equation and you would push yourself ever farther. Alcohol was the ride around

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 18:51 Quote
I cant mix alcohol with MTB. It results in crashes about 90% of the time.. Even just the one. And I am certainly not alcohol naïve.

Post ride however... good to go.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 20:07 Quote
Bud Light, problems solved. Win-win.

So Refreshing.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 21:25 Quote
Philips Little Wonders are actually pretty good...if you are looking for light beer to go with your beard, growler and single speed.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
So back in the days when people where committed to this sport I found drinking to be of value. It took the hesitation out if the equation and you would push yourself ever farther. Alcohol was the ride around

I've generally saved booze for post-ride fun, but the few times I've downed a few on the ride I've been rather shocked at how fast the f*cks went out the window (did this late in life), but I've tried to avoid it cause I imagine it would lead bad decisions.

'Alcohol was the ride around' - put that on a shirt!

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
Alcohol is definitely for after. You booze you lose.

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
Being a bike bum today. 50000 dollar truck check. 2500 dollar tent accessory check. Blue trails check. Girl is not the shuttle driver. Check. (Although this isn’t a bad thing) Ride around a so no one gets hurt check. Trust fund check

Vs

Being a Bike bum in our day. Bus found abandoned abs fixed up check. 40 lbs double crown bikes check. No real trails check. Ability check. Having to work broke all the time and at least 10 ways to make kd gourmet check. Lots of weed and alcohol to fuel stupid shit check.

They all lived together on a bus for months on end. They pushed double crowns up hills and routinely did stupid shit like jumping their bikes off water towers

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
Still cheaper than sled assisted skiing.

Interest rates near zero.

Everyone is rich.

...for now.

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
I think I'd rather get laid on top of a 20 year old landcruiser after riding a new mtb - call me a sissy! That bus is incredible, but do you think if you took new bikes back in time the shred bros would hate them or ditch the 40 pounders?

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
Man Drop In was ahead of its time. Such a great show and done so well on no budget.

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
Drop In TV Season 1 episode 4, 12:46

“I always build round abouts for all the stunts, that way everyone can have fun... that’s the way it should be”

The lesson here, children, is never listen to old people about how much radder it was back in their day.

Posted: Dec 8, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Drop In TV Season 1 episode 4, 12:46

“I always build round abouts for all the stunts, that way everyone can have fun... that’s the way it should be”

The lesson here, children, is never listen to old people about how much radder it was back in their day.

I feel a bit less lame now.

That bus is the best. I've never seen this show. This probably took place during my long MTB hiatus during college when I went to raves / clubs / shitty basements instead of riding bikes. Man I am not sad to have a modern bike.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008577
Mobile Version of Website