Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 18:36 Quote
So this trump thing hasn’t been mentioned here and think it should be because you guys are a aweful as I am. The deaths of the patriot traitors trumptards.etc. Whatever you want to call them should be sad but for some reason they fit are everything I would think a trump supported storming the White House should be...

1. The last tweet before she stormed the White House and tried to crawl into a window was ‘nothing can stop us’. She was shot and it did. People expressed shock and outrage
2. A woman was trampled while carrying a flag that said ‘ don’t tread on me’. I’m not lying
3. And the best one was a guy shoved a taser into his waste band abs stormed the White House. While he was trying to steal a painting he accidentally pressed the taser trigger and the electrodes got him in the jewels which made him tense and double over putting constant pressure on the trigger electrocuting him in the balls until his heart mercifully gave out.

Just wow


Ps. Fox is way better than the lyric. Always has been. A hack would know this.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 19:25 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
So this trump thing hasn’t been mentioned here and think it should be because you guys are a aweful as I am. The deaths of the patriot traitors trumptards.etc. Whatever you want to call them should be sad but for some reason they fit are everything I would think a trump supported storming the White House should be...

1. The last tweet before she stormed the White House and tried to crawl into a window was ‘nothing can stop us’. She was shot and it did. People expressed shock and outrage
2. A woman was trampled while carrying a flag that said ‘ don’t tread on me’. I’m not lying
3. And the best one was a guy shoved a taser into his waste band abs stormed the White House. While he was trying to steal a painting he accidentally pressed the taser trigger and the electrodes got him in the jewels which made him tense and double over putting constant pressure on the trigger electrocuting him in the balls until his heart mercifully gave out.

Just wow


Ps. Fox is way better than the lyric. Always has been. A hack would know this.

Karma and I'm a convert from Fox to Lyrik.... much better fork and easy to service.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 19:29 Quote
XB speaks some truths... Not many, but some.
XB ain't touching politics, the taser thing is quite the story though...

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 20:38 Quote
Rockshox front and Fox X2 rear has been my go to combo on three bikes now. Couldn't be happier other than I wish Kashima would go away on Factory goods so everything was black but so be it.

Also the Zeb is non-flexy awesomeness. Trail bike is going to get one too when available.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 20:42 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Rockshox front and Fox X2 rear has been my go to combo on three bikes now. Couldn't be happier other than I wish Kashima would go away on Factory goods so everything was black but so be it.

Also the Zeb is non-flexy awesomeness. Trail bike is going to get one too when available.

That's a lot of grams worth of fork for a Trail bike.... Pike's not dope enough? You gotta get that Dweeb fork or whatever it's called up the hill too. Fork flexiness should really only hurt performance or noticeable when really carrying high speed into corners with traction and deflecting off large square edge stuff (Only really found at S.S.) which we don't have a ton of...

If XB wasn't a CERB surfing Hobo he'd totes build up his trail bike with a SID... Good enough, more money for beer, way less weight for climbing. 130mm all you need in front for Nobles

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 20:53 Quote
My "Trail bike" is an Ibis Ripmo with a 1 degree Works Components angle set and a 160mm Lyrik. I'm not too concerned about keeping things "Trail". I'll live with the extra 1/2-3/4 lbs of fork for the stiffness of the Zeb.

If I was going go true trail bike I get another HT. My aluminum NS hardtail was a lot of fun. Kind of miss it.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
My "Trail bike" is an Ibis Ripmo with a 1 degree Works Components angle set and a 160mm Lyrik. I'm not too concerned about keeping things "Trail". I'll live with the extra 1/2-3/4 lbs of fork for the stiffness of the Zeb.

If I was going go true trail bike I get another HT. My aluminum NS hardtail was a lot of fun. Kind of miss it.

Just grinding your XTR... XB climbs with his old Lyric... And actually the stiffness, and extra dampening is even good on less impact scenarios too... Helps with confidence and cornering

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
Phil Atwell back on steezy Propain bikes. XB can rest easy knowing this has been realigned.

Sorry XB, Danny didn’t go back to Giant.
Not everything has come together for you.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 9:10 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Phil Atwell back on steezy Propain bikes. XB can rest easy knowing this has been realigned.

Sorry XB, Danny didn’t go back to Giant.
Not everything has come together for you.

Giant lost a Great one in Eliot Jackson... Still pretty bummed on that one. Guy had personality for days, steezy scrubs, wicked fast, style, social media presence... Guy was also a computer geek/music guy so gets respect for that... Santa Cruz scooped him up.

Danny Hart still has some shots at podiums.

Phil Atwill also has a shot at some podiums... His videos are always fun to watch...

Big ch-ch-ch-changes 4 sure, keeps it interesting.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
Dude. Aaron Gwin is kinda of a simp....


f*ck the world has shit itself.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 13:30 Quote
The second pic in that series on IG he’s looking more dad bod than race machine...

Ream tumours dad edition

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
He's already made his millions, he's doing the Connor Mcgregor phase a little late.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 9:36 Quote
... Of course the Rock Shox beat the Fox in the head to head highest end Endur-bro fork off challenge.

Write a story we don't already know the answer to Pinkbike... The vs.-battle should have been a lower tiered model Zeb, against the 38 high end crap... Then you'd have an even fight and Rock Shox would come out on top agaaaaaain.

Good article, but Rock Shox needs a bigger challenge Pinkbike.

Fox you Suck.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
... Of course the Rock Shox beat the Fox in the head to head highest end Endur-bro fork off challenge.

Write a story we don't already know the answer to Pinkbike... The vs.-battle should have been a lower tiered model Zeb, against the 38 high end crap... Then you'd have an even fight and Rock Shox would come out on top agaaaaaain.

Good article, but Rock Shox needs a bigger challenge Pinkbike.

Fox you Suck.
I don’t have a brand preference but the worst thing about both these shocks is that it has made my 2018 nomad, with its 36 sized fork, un rideable in serious terrain. When I bought it, it was a peddleable mini downhill that could slay gnar and be my daily driver in the bike park, now it’s just an all mountain bike that can handle the occasional park day. Where once I could comfortably ride fast through the steps and chunder, now I have to carefully pick my way down. I’m not even sure I’ll be able to ride nobles anymore, never mind deez nuts. See you guys on the Ellison blues this summer, I guess.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008998
Mobile Version of Website