Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 18:19 Quote
You got a 2018 fork? Eeeeeeeeww!

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 19:03 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
You got a 2018 fork? Eeeeeeeeww!

2018 geo as well. Ever since they increased the slackness on the 2021 model, I lost all stability at speed and started going otb on steeps.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
Funny stuff, bleeding edge technology and counting grams... If you really wanna Nerd out they are literally talking about Carbon bolts and 30 lb DH bikes on latest PB podcast...

The whole light, and high performance bike is cool if your competing in real racing or you do Strava... But if your riding by yourself most the time, or wife etc... What's the point of a few less bumps felt, 1.4 lb lighter bike?

XB plans on spending most of the year on the 26" Blur from 2012 this year... Hobo Budget, Got some sweet mods going on... Think I can squeeze 27.25" performance out of the old girl... Riding junk is more fun anyways, gives you something to wrench on, plus you always gotta Jerry-rig some part to convert to some BS new Standard, keeps it Interesting.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 21:10 Quote
That Blur can run 27.5 but you may need to shim the shock or use a 2.2 tire (or maxxis 2.4). I ran the last year (2014) of the TR until last year when it finally kicked it.

I got a DBAir I’ll be putting up for sale soon set at 200x57 that’ll fit (gratuitous plug).

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 1:05 Quote
Zeb fork, Fox X2 combo is the best of both worlds. Mix and match is frowned upon in certain circles but as the people say... f*ckem’

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 8:26 Quote
XB's rolling 2021 on a R.S. Revelation fork 150mm Non charger anything edition. And a Fox Float shock with no extra air can thingy and 3 settings...
Is that Core Shred? P.R.'s attainable?

Hey POnzi-scheme what is happening... Yah I got a TR version of the Blur too, XB's is aluminum though... So not converting it to 27" wheelS.... Just trying to get 27.5" wheel performance out of the 26" tires / wheels. XB thinks he can do it with enough other modifications...

Reason that Ppls Frankenhack their bikes to attach different wheel sizes; you either:

A) Think you are smarter than the team of Engineers who meticulously designed the bikes geo/kimatics

B) You enjoy wheelie'ing all your climbs.

C) Think warranty is for Joey's.

D) 26" is back!

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
Ponzi scheme. I like that.

Alloy version too. Grind off the front derailleur cable stop and you’ll likely have space to fit 27.5. Personally I wouldn’t bother if you got functional 26 wheels.

Not really clear on what you mean by getting benefits of 27.5 with 26 but you do you.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
p0zi wrote:

Alloy version too. Grind off the front derailleur cable stop and you’ll likely have space to fit 27.5. Personally I wouldn’t bother if you got functional 26 wheels.

Not really clear on what you mean by getting benefits of 27.5 with 26 but you do you.

Changing to 27.5" wheels / tires def ain't in the budget... What XB trying to say...: Possibly if he modified and upgraded the rest of the bike, it wood level me up to 27.5 bike performance kinda thing... Already have the narrow wide oval shaped 32 tooth ring on the front, and the One-up ghetto 10 speed to 42tooth conversion on the back... That gets me half way there doesn't it? Just need to find the most extreme offset headset available used, damaged or dented preferably: needs to be cheap.... And then we might have good Geo.

Think we can get it there.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 13:53 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
p0zi wrote:

Changing to 27.5" wheels / tires def ain't in the budget... What XB trying to say...: Possibly if he modified and upgraded the rest of the bike, it wood level me up to 27.5 bike performance kinda thing... Already have the narrow wide oval shaped 32 tooth ring on the front, and the One-up ghetto 10 speed to 42tooth conversion on the back... That gets me half way there doesn't it? Just need to find the most extreme offset headset available used, damaged or dented preferably: needs to be cheap.... And then we might have good Geo.

That bike runs real good at 150mm front travel, I tried it on 140 and it was quick on the flats and 160 but that didn't feel great for climbs. This was with a Mattoc. Don't know if I would bother investing in an angleset as you would lose more reach and they are spendy.

Moving from the FOX CTD to a DBair was transformative.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
How much fir-the DB? ... Thinking XB can squeeze 2015 level performance out of the old relic bike...

Need more small bump compliance, currently have none... plus wood be nice to run more than 18% sag and not bottom out all the time: XB is only kinda fat, suspension shudd work better.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 14:59 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
p0zi wrote:

I have an new in box crane creek angle set. It was bought to fit a 2011 V2 Nomad. I don’t know how to figure out if that would fit your bike but maybe you can figure it out.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 15:51 Quote
Hmmmm interested, I could get a used, dented 60mm stem, and roll the handle bars forward a bit... To compensate for the loss in Reach that Ponzi was talking about... That would suck if got shorter, keep in mind this is 12 year old Geo.

The goal is to ride and kind of keep up with other 29" bikes this year... For Unity and everything.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Hmmmm interested, I could get a used, dented 60mm stem, and roll the handle bars forward a bit... To compensate for the loss in Reach that Ponzi was talking about... That would suck if got shorter, keep in mind this is 12 year old Geo.

The goal is to ride and kind of keep up with other 29" bikes this year..[/Quote]. For Unity and everything.

HA!

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
ridayobike wrote:

The goal is to ride and kind of keep up with other 29" bikes this year... For Unity and everything.

you finally going to ride?

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 16:22 Quote
Cleared for launch, knee is good to go....

Gonna try and mini shred to start with, staying injury free is near the top of new Wash-Core priority list.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008502
Mobile Version of Website