Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
Scarcity increases demand. Sometimes ya gotta pull yer head out hype machine and appreciate that no amount of chedda is gonna make ya a better shredder.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 23:24 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Scarcity increases demand. Sometimes ya gotta pull yer head out hype machine and appreciate that no amount of chedda is gonna make ya a better shredder.

#Werd - 26-4-Life

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 6:42 Quote
There’s a story on this thread somewhere about a guy from south America somewhere who goes riding with the group on a 20$ garage sale bike and destroys everyone.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
Wasn’t that a video that was on here about riding in Mexico? The guy was riding a very crap bike and easy dropped everyone.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Wasn’t that a video that was on here about riding in Mexico? The guy was riding a very crap bike and easy dropped everyone.

kind of like @rideyobike in Nobulls with his Giant.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

kind of like @rideyobike in Nobulls with his Giant.

Word around town is, he is going to make his 2021 debut ... aka the Great Restart, by flashing the disintegrating pro line on Shy Turtle. XB insta bangers are inbound.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 15:45 Quote
Pretty sure clapped out bike guy did eventually clap it right into two pieces. Then one of the bike companies stepped up and gave him a new one. Might have even been Giant.

Old bikes are for peasants, sell them every 3 years and roll around fresh at all times.
NSR on the back of your off road Bently of course.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
Nah. I think it was a story of maybe xb working in Edson with a bunch of temporary foreign workers. I’ll look but it was years ago

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
Giant jokes are kind of like XB's FOX, and Shiftwammo jokes: getting old... But thanks, good to know you guys still care.

Giant does have a bad reputation amongst bros... Not sure why though, Giant has the best rear suspension which is validated by Science, and now super modern Geo. Giant bikes are reasonable priced and seem generic so they score fairly low in Bro-Status.

Shy Turtle probably needs a pretty good clean out so that's on the To-Do-List for sure...

V-Jeff If your talking about the true story which was written about a mouse crawling up towards a guys face in Hinton... That was not fun.

26-4-Life
2021 Year of the Budget Bike!

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

That a crankworx pro can clear all the jumps on A Line using his sister’s 10 speed doesn’t mean I could comfortably limp my way down 2 dollar hotdog on a 15 year old trail bike. Cheddar may not make me a shredder but it’s a damn good crutch for a hack.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 17:17 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

That a crankworx pro can clear all the jumps on A Line using his sister’s 10 speed doesn’t mean I could comfortably limp my way down 2 dollar hotdog on a 15 year old trail bike. Cheddar may not make me a shredder but it’s a damn good crutch for a hack.

Saw a Single speed DJ hardtail, with like a shortish travel Manitou Sherman Flick fork clear and ride out the Gillard Rd Gap way back in day... Anything is possible on Junk.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Speaking of junk... Why spend any money at all? Free bike challenge anyone?

Nobody needs a new bike or the latest parts but if you can afford to update why the hell not? The new stuff usually works better and lasts longer IMO.

Not many upgrades I've done were worse accept for ergonomic grips, awful things. I have once used Race Face ones in Kash Money if anyone wants to trade for beer.

shredb4dead wrote:
Nobody needs a new bike or the latest parts but if you can afford to update why the hell not? The new stuff usually works better and lasts longer IMO.

Not many upgrades I've done were worse accept for ergonomic grips, awful things. I have once used Race Face ones in Kash Money if anyone wants to trade for beer.

Sam Hill Signature grips make you faster... It's been proven 3 times.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

LOL.

I also spent way too much money on ergonomic grips that totally suck.

In my experience, there are alot of other variables that can and should be adjusted to addressed hand and arm fatigue before going to an ergo grip.... but the allure of just paying a bunch of dollars, rather than spending time adjusting things sucked me in.

Mo' Chedda !

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008276
Mobile Version of Website