Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
greywolf999 wrote:
Speaking of junk... Why spend any money at all? Free bike challenge anyone?

The 08-09 Nomad I have was a free bike. and if it didn't need DU bushings , I could probably get it rolling for the cost of a few cables and brake fluid.

Its prime time to score old bikes from our glory days.. you would be surprised at the kind of stuff people have laying around... and these people are either still into biking, so they are riding modern/ nice bikes, or they quit long ago.. either way, they dont want that pile of shit or box of parts taking up space in their garage anymore.

... not to mention some of the sweet cracker bikes rolling around down town, some fine examples of similar era DJ's and a few old DH beasts pulling hobo trailers. I almost jumped out of the car to try and trade some junkie for his bike last year ... but the wife wouldn't slow down enough for me to get out.

....I may have a "problem" when it comes to collecting old bikes and parts.... depends who you ask, I see it as a hobby.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
Hey, just an update on Ellison. It's NOT ready for regular tires yet. Someone has been making a lot of ruts (yesterday).
Please be patient or ride early while still frozen.
We all want to ride, but respect the trails & the ones who fix the mess up.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 16:36 Quote
johnovey wrote:
Hey, just an update on Ellison. It's NOT ready for regular tires yet. Someone has been making a lot of ruts (yesterday).
Please be patient or ride early while still frozen.
We all want to ride, but respect the trails & the ones who fix the mess up.

ha. funny you mention that. I just read the trail forks reports... I guess Scottyknows45 doesn't know.

just for reference, what tyre width is currently approved for respectful riding? are we talking fat or mid fat?

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=227561&pagenum=1#commentid6972070

This guy is asking that we share his gofund me, so he can buy a new bike without trying to hard.

I figured you guys would be interested in providing him some support.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
Ya I saw that report, just because you can ride, doesn't mean you should. Pretty easy to tell when you are making a mess.
I was on 4.8's to level out the ruts.
Going to need some work on the way out to Elly DH, as a few hundred meters of the trail was logged & trampled by a feller/buncher.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 18:27 Quote
johnovey wrote:
Ya I saw that report, just because you can ride, doesn't mean you should. Pretty easy to tell when you are making a mess.
I was on 4.8's to level out the ruts.
Going to need some work on the way out to Elly DH, as a few hundred meters of the trail was logged & trampled by a feller/buncher.

Always Something...

... X-rossion (Deez-Nutz) probably pretty zesty right now. But please don't wreck the best trail in Vernon, lol.

You running E-Fat or just Fat bike Jhovney?

Snow coming maybe Frown ...

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 18:32 Quote
Stepped off the edge of my asphalt driveway today and the ground is fully saturated. Pretty easy to figure out the tails are not ready. However I did see a truck with 2 bikes on the tailgate headed towards Ellison today. Facepalm

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Stepped off the edge of my asphalt driveway today and the ground is fully saturated. Pretty easy to figure out the tails are not ready. However I did see a truck with 2 bikes on the tailgate headed towards Ellison today. Facepalm

Hard to turn off the Bro for some.
Being Core can't be tamed.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 18:55 Quote
No E here.
But, if there is one place for E, it would be on a Fat bike. They are pigs at the best of times!
Never say never though, not getting any younger.
BTW, is that big wooden drop on Shy Turtle still there? That was a fun trail. Never was able to commit to Timbits, though.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 19:18 Quote
johnovey wrote:
No E here.
But, if there is one place for E, it would be on a Fat bike. They are pigs at the best of times!
Never say never though, not getting any younger.
BTW, is that big wooden drop on Shy Turtle still there? That was a fun trail. Never was able to commit to Timbits, though.

Not sure... Gonna go check out this year, do a walk through... trees falling do a lot of damage over the years.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
So I was at a friendly LBS buying the last kids bike of its spec in the shop and was chatting to the mechanic. According to him, the shortage of last year will be much worse this year, most notably in parts this time around. I envision desperate bikers holding makeshift cardboard signs on Kal Lake road offering sexual favours for brake pads this summer.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 16:39 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
I envision desperate bikers holding makeshift cardboard signs on Kal Lake road offering sexual favours for brake pads this summer.

Make sure to carry some chap stick along with the extra brake pads, you never know how long they've been sitting roadside holding that sign....might be parched! lol

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 20:35 Quote
Glad I got 2 bikes... going to need backup.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
Excellent news. I was worried I may have missed the boat on selling all my old clapped out bikes and parts at an exaggerated premium

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
With nocs elections coming up, do the VRT deplorables have a populist candidate we can ramrod into the top position? Is anyone offering Make Nobles Great Again haTs?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017310
Mobile Version of Website