Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
Knox in Kelowna is good to go!
Very few wet spots.
Dig out those white sunglasses, so you look like a local!

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
With nocs elections coming up, do the VRT deplorables have a populist candidate we can ramrod into the top position? Is anyone offering Make Nobles Great Again haTs?

Nah. We played with picking some people off but then we realized that it would mean responsibility and we would have nothing to complain about. Hard pass.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
johnovey wrote:
Very few wet spots.

As the only place open, does it get quite crowded?

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 19:21 Quote
Rail - Trail is clear and dry too.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 19:35 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
johnovey wrote:
Very few wet spots.

Pre book your parking

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 19:43 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
johnovey wrote:
Very few wet spots.

Implying mountains close? Rose was okay last weekend, will be top shit this weekend.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 20:38 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
johnovey wrote:
Very few wet spots.

Implying mountains close? Rose was okay last weekend, will be top shit this weekend.

I’ve not yet been to Rose. What’s the recommended trail?

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 22:53 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
I’ve not yet been to Rose. What’s the recommended trail?

On the near side of the reservoir do RSVP or Bear Bones. I think I like the latter a bit more than the former, it's got a lot of variety.

On the far side do Jabbarocky. I absolutely adore it.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
Anyone been on any trails in the last couple of days? So much sun and little rain/snow. Seems like anything facing north still has snow over by Kal, but haven't actually ventured in. Seems like there must be some legit frost in the ground as things are moving slower than I would have expected based on the weather - but I've never been here in spring.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Anyone been on any trails in the last couple of days? So much sun and little rain/snow. Seems like anything facing north still has snow over by Kal, but haven't actually ventured in. Seems like there must be some legit frost in the ground as things are moving slower than I would have expected based on the weather - but I've never been here in spring.

Nocs was suggesting staying off the trails unless it was early morning and still frozen in the last msg I read.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 10:18 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:

Nocs was suggesting staying off the trails unless it was early morning and still frozen in the last msg I read.

Yeah, I saw a message like that recently, but hope a few days of sun might change things for the better. Basically no skiing or biking right now - gettin' bored!

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
Well, the ski hill is still in good shape. I’m thinking of a Kelowna excursion soon, as welll

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Well, the ski hill is still in good shape. I’m thinking of a Kelowna excursion soon, as welll

Lotta groomin' but no soft on the horizon and lotta crust in the woods. Just back from Kal Park / dog beach area, still tonnes of mush. gonna be a while I guess - I gotta get those white shades!

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
Official spy footage of the VRT members infiltrating the Kelowna trail system.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
Too much six pack not enough keg.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008973
Mobile Version of Website