Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
Ya that’s not normal. They must have had a very limited number this year for passes.

I’ll be getting the ski passes as soon as available.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
p0zi wrote:
Wow DH and Enduro passes sold out in less than 2 hours. Insane.

Didn’t get one myself this year. Debated on an enduro pass but I would rather do some afternoon or extended play days for extra laps. Was about to pull the trigger in a panic but then they were sold out.

I take it thats not typical? Wonder if they limited numbers like skiing. I'm seeing big weekend lineups...
I dunno, last year they oversold passes when they had a time limit, not pass limit. It’s likely they sold less passes on a hard limit this year. Also, they are open full time this year, unlike last year, which pushed everyone into a limited number of days.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
And no, it’s not typical. In a typical year they have no limit and lift lines are reasonable. With the covid bike boom, they got taken by surprise and, after a crazy busy opening, they told everyone they would stop selling passes by Monday.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
p0zi wrote:
Wow DH and Enduro passes sold out in less than 2 hours. Insane.

Didn’t get one myself this year. Debated on an enduro pass but I would rather do some afternoon or extended play days for extra laps. Was about to pull the trigger in a panic but then they were sold out.

I take it thats not typical? Wonder if they limited numbers like skiing. I'm seeing big weekend lineups...
I dunno, last year they oversold passes when they had a time limit, not pass limit. It’s likely they sold less passes on a hard limit this year. Also, they are open full time this year, unlike last year, which pushed everyone into a limited number of days.

Ya that’s likely exactly what it is. They set a hard limit and stuck to it. The full hours is going to make a difference this year

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
p0zi wrote:
Ya that’s not normal. They must have had a very limited number this year for passes.

I’ll be getting the ski passes as soon as available.

Hell yeah. I'm so glad I put this in my calendar.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
Anyone interested in buying passes? youth 13-18 and an adult.. special covid pricing. 10 grand for the pair.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
Lol.
Sorry VJ already got mine.

After my purchase I got a follow up email saying 75% sold at 9:45AM. Once secured I tuned out but I’m not surprised to hear they were sold out in under 2 hours.

Full operation hours will make all the difference indeed.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Anyone interested in buying passes? youth 13-18 and an adult.. special covid pricing. 10 grand for the pair.

10grand eh? I’ll trade you for 3 pieces of lumber, 3 sets of brake pads, and the rest of my 2020 toilet paper hoard.

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

10grand eh? I’ll trade you for 3 pieces of lumber, 3 sets of brake pads, and the rest of my 2020 toilet paper hoard.

is it OSB?

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

This guy gets supply and demand.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 9:49 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

is it OSB?

The lumber or the toilet paper? The latter is pretty rough, but it’s all I could get in bulk at the time.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
What’s the grumpy old men opinion on the trail updates done by NOCS paid crew? I, for one, love the new smoothness on no boats and the catch berms on fraidy cat, but I’m a bit more new school in my preferences, despite my advanced age.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 10:10 Quote
Sun peaks just started selling their season passes, same thing, already sold 70% as of now.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
What’s the grumpy old men opinion on the trail updates done by NOCS paid crew? I, for one, love the new smoothness on no boats and the catch berms on fraidy cat, but I’m a bit more new school in my preferences, despite my advanced age.

All of them are great improvements.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
Poachninja wrote:

I rode Fraidy Cat last week having not ridden it since before the work. I'm worried it's a little too buffed in places but the pucker factor was still pretty high so I guess no harm no foul.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011215
Mobile Version of Website