Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 17:43 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
f*ckingsteve wrote:
I see 36DD got renamed on TF to just "36". 36 what?

36 inches of glorious tata's? Cool

Centimetres

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
Beaver Basher is now Broken Bits as well…so kinda the same no?

All three shops are good but I’m mostly a Skyride guy because no matter who you talk to when you go through the door the knowledge is there. The other two can be hit or miss in my experience.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 19:14 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
Is Skyride the only good bike shop in Vernon? Seems that way from a quick google. Are they a good bike shop?

Who is the shop that you Vernon-ites are shopping at?

I bought my last complete at Skyride and they are pretty cool to deal with and I appreciate the fact they seem to be core into dirt. Every time I'm there the kids are talking about shredding, which is great and the older guys are friendly and helpful too. I bought my kids bike and some ski stuff at Olympia and they have good service there too. Sun Country is very hit & miss from my experience as well. They are by my house so get random tasks from me and the occassional last minute purchase. One day they'll hook me up with some fix on the spot, which is amazing; the next I'll get ignored for 20 minutes. They very much cater to the kid/commuter/cruiser/family bike crowd is seems, so are often really busy fixing flats etc. which can make for long waits. They are also more strict about covid, so standing outside waiting to get helped can be a thing too if you're in a rush. One thing I love about SunCountry is the old bike collection. Makes it more entertaining to wait around while some noob gets a new innertube.

Skyride also has the raddest name.

Just my take.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 20:22 Quote
LBS’s are all pretty good, no one is perfect.

It’s nice to have the variety. I think most people slut around. You get biased based on past experiences, and tend to favor certain shops for certain things. When I hear some one complain, I remind them ‘for a stoned high school kid, the quality of workman ship was actually pretty good.’

But seriously....

Vernon E-Ride seems legit. No?

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Beaver Basher is now Broken Bits as well…so kinda the same no?

All three shops are good but I’m mostly a Skyride guy because no matter who you talk to when you go through the door the knowledge is there. The other two can be hit or miss in my experience.

Yah, broken bits does sound like it could be a subtle hat tip to the original….

On another note, I just got back from sovereign, where the lower parking lot actually breached capacity for the first time in my experience. I kid you not when I say there was a line up 10 riders deep to hit the first big slab on hammered cow.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 5:55 Quote
who do you guys recommend for suspension service in the area? i know turnaround times are probably insane.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
When did they start making the Red gate and Jade parking lots closed until 9am? I thought it was dawn. Was riding there early morning all spring and no closed gate. Seems like a new sign too.

This aggression towards early risers won’t stand, man.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
p0zi wrote:
When did they start making the Red gate and Jade parking lots closed until 9am? I thought it was dawn. Was riding there early morning all spring and no closed gate. Seems like a new sign too.

This aggression towards early risers won’t stand, man.

You can only access local parks before 9 if you are homeless. Check your privileges bro

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:13 Quote
numbphase wrote:
who do you guys recommend for suspension service in the area? i know turnaround times are probably insane.

Skyride is my go to for suspension service.

There was a time, long ago, when they were the only folks who could/would do certain suspension services locally. I am pretty sure all the shops can handle that stuff now days … but I don’t know.I think Everyone mails out the complex / custom stuff.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
numbphase wrote:
who do you guys recommend for suspension service in the area? i know turnaround times are probably insane.
Ion2 progressive suspension in Invermere.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
d-man wrote:
numbphase wrote:
who do you guys recommend for suspension service in the area? i know turnaround times are probably insane.
Ion2 progressive suspension in Invermere.

Sounds fancy. Do they do custom stuff? Always good to have options outside of whistler/van

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
I second ion2. Great to deal with.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
p0zi wrote:
When did they start making the Red gate and Jade parking lots closed until 9am? I thought it was dawn. Was riding there early morning all spring and no closed gate. Seems like a new sign too.

This aggression towards early risers won’t stand, man.

You can only access local parks before 9 if you are homeless. Check your privileges bro

So if I spray paint my whole bike I’m good to go?

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
Fluid Function in Squamish are top notch and prices are cheaper than Ion for RS.... still have to send away your stuff anyways.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
p0zi wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
p0zi wrote:
When did they start making the Red gate and Jade parking lots closed until 9am? I thought it was dawn. Was riding there early morning all spring and no closed gate. Seems like a new sign too.

This aggression towards early risers won’t stand, man.

You can only access local parks before 9 if you are homeless. Check your privileges bro

So if I spray paint my whole bike I’m good to go?

It can’t be your bike. Must be recently “borrowed” from elsewhere.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008958
Mobile Version of Website