Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 16:36 Quote
numbphase wrote:
who do you guys recommend for suspension service in the area? i know turnaround times are probably insane.

Depends on what brand you got, some places specialize in certain manufactures. Or you can do it yourself if you can find the parts and have the right tools, it’s not that hard to do a regular rebuild. Getting it set right for your riding style your most likely sending it away to a specialized suspension shop.
I use to custom valve and nitro charge my mtb stuff all the time, but I had all the stuff to do it.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
p0zi wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

You can only access local parks before 9 if you are homeless. Check your privileges bro

So if I spray paint my whole bike I’m good to go?

It can’t be your bike. Must be recently “borrowed” from elsewhere.

Gotcha. Guess I have new Friday night plans.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 21:06 Quote
p0zi wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
p0zi wrote:

So if I spray paint my whole bike I’m good to go?

It can’t be your bike. Must be recently “borrowed” from elsewhere.

Gotcha. Guess I have new Friday night plans.

It’s Klaus Schwabs dream. No one actually owns the bike or the park. The hobo uses your bike the hours you are sleeping, gates open: bike and park are yours.

Own nothing. Be happy

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 22:51 Quote
numbphase wrote:
who do you guys recommend for suspension service in the area? i know turnaround times are probably insane.

Shred Shed in Kelowna is gearing up to service many front and rear suspension set ups.
https://shredshedkelowna.ca/

He's a one man show that knows what he is doing and can usually get things turned around in a couple of days depending on parts.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 7:18 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
d-man wrote:
numbphase wrote:
Ion2 progressive suspension in Invermere.

Sounds fancy. Do they do custom stuff? Always good to have options outside of whistler/van
Yes can custom tune, also service moto and sleds.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
Broke ass mountain bikers. Ride it until it squeeks then replace that shit. No need for bike shops. Transition abs trek sell bikes online.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Broke ass mountain bikers. Ride it until it squeeks then replace that shit. No need for bike shops. Transition abs trek sell bikes online.

Everyone sells bike on line. The Internet is kind of a big deal these days.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 16:25 Quote
So is the trend in Vernon to dumb down all the trails so they are 2 to 3 m wide, mostly straight, and require less skill to rip like a rocket? Seems like they are all getting some kind of Low IQ treatment. What's the deal, are we trying to cater to just the beginner crowd - if you have never been able to clean a double black diamond trail, go to the central Okanagan, and bolster your ego.

Rode Hammered Cow today. We should change the name to "Piece of Steak". Cuz that's all it is now. Would be in line with the other names they have been using in Kal lately.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 17:51 Quote
brings popcorn...

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 18:32 Quote
bullitboinky wrote:
So is the trend in Vernon to dumb down all the trails so they are 2 to 3 m wide, mostly straight, and require less skill to rip like a rocket? Seems like they are all getting some kind of Low IQ treatment. What's the deal, are we trying to cater to just the beginner crowd - if you have never been able to clean a double black diamond trail, go to the central Okanagan, and bolster your ego.

Rode Hammered Cow today. We should change the name to "Piece of Steak". Cuz that's all it is now. Would be in line with the other names they have been using in Kal lately.

All the double blacks in the Okanagan are blacks anywhere else, all the blacks are blues, etc. This has been the case even outside Vernon for quite some time. Anyone who thinks they're the shit because they ride around here best be good and humble if they venture to the Kootenays or the shore.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
bullitboinky wrote:

All the double blacks in the Okanagan are blacks anywhere else, all the blacks are blues, etc. This has been the case even outside Vernon for quite some time. Anyone who thinks they're the shit because they ride around here best be good and humble if they venture to the Kootenays or the shore.

No argument there, but in that last few weeks a whole new level of stupidity has been out there working on the trails. It's like all they want to ride is oatmeal, morning noon and nite. Like Beowulf, one big vat of mountain biking porridge

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 19:50 Quote
Does everyone here hate Ravine Trail at Rubberhead? So many berms, so little fall line. I friggin loved it. Felt like endless turns with lots of stuff top pop or drop off, and that was my first and only time. Pretty narrow and not just a smooth wannabe machine-built trail. I imagine riding it regular would make it better. And, NO PEDALLING. Probably a Turquoise Oval by Kootney/Shore standards. I've been meaning to get up to Sovereign, cause loved RITNB - Would Hammered Cow rate much higher?

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 20:03 Quote
Ravine is awesome!
If we had it here, it would get smoothed, flattened & widened by our local paid crew.
Should have a sign on the highway coming in to town---"Your mom can ride this shit!".

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 20:06 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Does everyone here hate Ravine Trail at Rubberhead? So many berms, so little fall line. I friggin loved it. Felt like endless turns with lots of stuff top pop or drop off, and that was my first and only time. Pretty narrow and not just a smooth wannabe machine-built trail. I imagine riding it regular would make it better. And, NO PEDALLING. Probably a Turquoise Oval by Kootney/Shore standards. I've been meaning to get up to Sovereign, cause loved RITNB - Would Hammered Cow rate much higher?

Ravine is just plain fun, and great trail to just blast all out (and note it isn't 2 m wide).

Hammered cow is more a bunch of difficult features linked together, culminating into a couple of steep rock slabs that are fun. Grippy, until you get going and then no stopping and have to ride it out. But seriously, the difficult features are being mellowed out. trees cut down so it is wider in spots. They even put dirt into little drops (brand new) so your grandma can now ride the trail, and not have to "pop" the front tire. Seriously, if I wasn't so lazy, I would have stopped at one section and kicked the dirt out.so it was a drop again. It used to be a raw trail with thrill factor. now its just a cool trail.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 20:13 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:

Despite recent complaints to the contrary, hammered cow has not been dumbed down but rather a few flat landings have been rectified. The rock faces that would make it double black, in all but a couple select gnar Mecca’s, remain intact. I think the most important lesson in mountain bike trail grading one can learn is not to listen to people who use grading derision to pad their bro status on the internet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016187
Mobile Version of Website