Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
BTW, I very much like Ravine trail in the Rubberhead area. Plus the blue up route is actually that and enjoyable.

Not a straight up the fall line 50 times rock fest like "Stone Free" forcing me to go E.

Yeah, the climb trail there is solid, especially the lower 3/4. Just a loamy traverse with a few views. I don't find the pitch all that different than stones free, but obviously there are few 'stones'. I actually rode Stones Free on my hardtail for the first time the other day, and now it feels way easier on my Ripmo, haha. I'm new-ish to flats and with the hardtail and lack of clips my feet were doing all sorts of dumb shit. The two climbing sections I got beef with are the double track sections leading up to Flowvid and then at the bottom leading up back to Twisted Sisters. I don't move faster on the bike than I do off, so end up walking it most of the time.

Stoked for Friday.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 11:15 Quote
Stone Free is what it is. I rode up it on Saturday on the big bike so suffering was extra fun. Most people are fine with it as they feel suffering on their leisure time is a good way to pass the time.
For me It’s another trail on the list of Vernon trails where we were sold one thing at the AGM and actually given another. Might be just me and most think it’s all great. However this trend has put a bad taste in my mouth over the last while and because of it I’m choosing to withhold my membership this year.

Things seem to have turned around by actually getting what was sold with Be Kind so if that trend continues I’ll consider membership again. We’ll see how things keep moving forward into the future.

For now, Silver Star gets my money as they are catering to my trail wants and needs. All fall line downhill trails with short grade reversals up, fast flow/tech downhill trails and jump trails with… you know… actual jumps all the way down.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
Between the winter pass and summer all in a month, they have been getting a lot of my money lately, which they deserve!

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
Most things suck in one way or another. MTB is no different. It’s a lot of work, you bleed, the few decide for the many, the many are now all jammed up on hammered cow. The ups are too hard, the downs are too easy...

f*ck it, Just get an ebike.

ebikes are sold out. Everything f*cking sucks.

Without the shitty the bits, the rad bits would be less awesome.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
Dude it’s just like sex. Your options are few and the vast majority you don’t want to ride but you do it anyways because it’s still better than like other activities like running.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 18:05 Quote
Edit to remain pc…

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 19:41 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Most things suck in one way or another. MTB is no different. It’s a lot of work, you bleed, the few decide for the many, the many are now all jammed up on hammered cow. The ups are too hard, the downs are too easy...

No, the rad bits would be exactly the same.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 21:37 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

No, the rad bits would be exactly the same.

It’s ok to hate MTB from time to time. When you are ready to come back to us, our arms are open.

Now be free you beautiful hateful bird. If it was meant to be....

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Most things suck in one way or another. MTB is no different.

I’ll remind tou of this philosophy when we’re stuck in a 30 min lift line…

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

I have been seriously considering taking up ‘gravel touring’. #PartyPace

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

And that's why they put the uphill section on snake pit right underneath the lift. Make you realize that every trail you ride is better than that.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
willie-d wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

And that's why they put the uphill section on snake pit right underneath the lift. Make you realize that every trail you ride is better than that.

Snake pit was fun on my Process 111

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
Don’t hate on snake pit. Methinks lift assisted cross country could have been big but, just like how the blu ray came out only to be made instantly redundant by HD streaming, lift assist Xc got blindsided by ebikes. Still, a good idea at the time.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 16:50 Quote
Plenty of ebikes in those 2 hour lift lines last year.

You heard it here first:
Lift access xc is the future.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
Plenty of ebikes in those 2 hour lift lines last year.

Facepalm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019646
Mobile Version of Website