Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 18:00 Quote
Giant rock slabs.Every builders envy.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 19:28 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

Did someone ride the new rock slab on hammered cow? Bit of a push up, but the run out looks smooth. Nicely built up etc...

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 20:00 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

Granite has magical qualities.

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 22:41 Quote
The new rock slab on hammered cow, one you gotta push up to, is pretty simple. Just stay to the right on the exit and it’s just point and shoot.

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

It’s dark magic....Flow killing qualities

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
For any one curious, I already asked.

Silver Star is not considering reopening season pass sales with the change in public policy July 1st.

Are they considering changing lift practices? If they were consistently loading 4 bikes a chair, I believe they would find themselves able to sell more passes without crowding.

It seems that like most places, they still want to keep all the control measures in place.

We were there on July 3rd, the first Saturday after Canada Day.

Morning Lines were long, although well controlled. 4 bikes per chair 90% of the time. Afternoon lines were minimal, and 4 bikes per chair enforced 80% of the time.

I thanked the folks at SSBP for their efforts. Last year was insane for lines. At points, 45+ minutes in 30°c. I'm okay buying day passes (paying more than a seasons) if it somehow means shorter lines.

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

It’s dark magic....Flow killing qualities

Flow comes from within. Rock is the new berm, or so it is said

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
Preface: I think the hammered cow rock slab option is a nice addition to an old trail.

Thesis: as of late it seems builders will go well out of their way to integrate slabs and other rock features. So far out of their way that the feature becomes equivocal in the context of the overall trail. (Or perhaps it’s that trail becomes equivocal in the context of the feature)

Discussion to follow.

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 20:55 Quote
Personally I’m not a fan of getting away from the good natural flow/fall line of trails just for one feature or to say I peddled up and over a few rocks. (See Raw Bones)

Be Kind is the opposite. The line was laid out well with very little unnecessary peddling around for nothing. Too bad it’s such a grind to get up there. Would ride more often.

Never mind all that.
The park has very little unnecessary peddling, is dusty but running great. However watch out for the soft beach conners on the tech trails like Flow and Double Dog. They will try and take your front tire down into the Sarlacc Pit.

The trail crew must be lurking on the VRT because after the discussion here the berm right after the gatekeeper off the chair was fixed and taller tonight. Well done crew, we’ll done.

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Preface: I think the hammered cow rock slab option is a nice addition to an old trail.

Thesis: as of late it seems builders will go well out of their way to integrate slabs and other rock features. So far out of their way that the feature becomes equivocal in the context of the overall trail. (Or perhaps it’s that trail becomes equivocal in the context of the feature)

Discussion to follow.

I kinda see what you mean with a few things, like the odd alternative on fraidy cat, but by and large, I’ve not really noticed a bunch of diversions just to hit rock faces. If they’re there, the tend to be alt lines, not flow killing bad trail choices.

Agreed that silver star is killing it this year, shred.

Posted: Jul 10, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
Morning all.

On behalf of Cynthia, we are looking for help in the Search for XB.

VSAR and the RCMP are set up at the turn off to Big Ed high way six.

If any of you are able please head out and find the Search and Rescue manager on scene.

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Micro analyzing the smallest details of trail maintenance, changes, upgrades, repairs, or dis-repair at the surface level of your favorite trail is a valid concern at some level... Zoom way outside to viewing the world as a whole from the orbit. We are essentially micro organisms complaining about our pathways of enjoyment... Now zooom way in to a Poverty , covid restricted part of the world, war torn... People have zero recreational activities, besides maybe a ball to kick around with local kids on a paved court, or shady lawn.
XB was in Peru, in mud hut building, housing areas... Happiest looking ppl he came across just doing basic things.

The beauty of this place we live and the trails, and machines we ride are all amazing. But flow and happiness comes from within, trails can be challenging and not built for individual needs. Look at it as a crazy privilege, look at the scenery. We all won the lottery by being born in this Country or being afforded to move here. XB is thankful for the ride everytime he gets out.

No trail is ever good or bad, just how we feel about it makes it so.

Nothing but appreciation for NOCS, all the volunteers, and all the people putting in hard work still to keep up Nobles.

X-Brethren
Sadly, we lost XB this weekend.
This was one of his last posts.
Rest in peace Brian.

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 20:06 Quote
Very sad news indeed. RIP Brian. (XB)

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 0:24 Quote
I never met him, my loss. After reading through a lot of this thread I was hoping to put a face to the name one day, he really seemed larger than life. My sincere condolences to all of his friends here.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008960
Mobile Version of Website