Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 13:40 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
As though silver star were following this thread and aiming to please it’s disgruntled participants, they just announced plans to open two trails down attridge. I don’t know what “enduro inspired” quite means, though…

It means they'll have a sucky uphill drag in the middle that kills your enjoyment of the first half of the trail and leaves you too winded to enjoy the second half.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
Hopefully they will let us ride Stubby & Roost, without worrying about getting our passes pulled.
And in a perfect world, they didn't add bermz.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
johnovey wrote:
Hopefully they will let us ride Stubby & Roost, without worrying about getting our passes pulled.
And in a perfect world, they didn't add bermz.

That reminds me....

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 15:22 Quote
Ya, sorry, forgot what decade I was in, for a moment.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
I have inside info and first hand experience with both trails. I can confirm the crustiest of us will be pleasantly surprised... new ownership clearly rode 90’s MTB.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
Anyone else stocked for Hardline this weekend?

https://youtu.be/Orfl7svm7nc

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
That announcer is pretty chill, given what he’s riding.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
I have inside info and first hand experience with both trails. I can confirm the crustiest of us will be pleasantly surprised... new ownership clearly rode 90’s MTB.
Stubby looks about the same, but Roost has been totally rerouted/lengthened.
I'll miss the old Roost, but glad we can ride there again without feeling like a criminal.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
johnovey wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
I'll miss the old Roost, but glad we can ride there again without feeling like a criminal.

Are they officially open now?

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 18:24 Quote
johnovey wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

I know right. Every time I'd sneak over there to hit up Sovereign I'd always look around to see whos watching. lol

I'm guessing buy Enduro flavor they mean once down you have to pedal back to the village.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
johnovey wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Are they officially open now?
Not officially yet.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 15:16 Quote
Looks like the two trails are officially opening on Aug 31. It seems they are done but probably don’t want to send the masses down in these dry conditions.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
Hopefully they sign them well. I rolled out that way twice last night and ended up on the same one twice with different routes. Signage needed.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Looks like the two trails are officially opening on Aug 31. It seems they are done but probably don’t want to send the masses down in these dry conditions.

I think that was July 31st, as in, tomorrow!

"The new Attridge trails open this weekend (Saturday, July 31st) and are single-track, hand cut, tech style trails - check out Jacob Tooke's thoughts here"

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 14:57 Quote
Ah, yes. Either I misread or their initial correspondence had a typo. It is a sweet addition to silver star, whatever the case. I’ve said it before but silver star is killing it this year. Too bad about the conditions. Last year was perfect but the park crew was skeletal, this year they’ve got a massive crew but are hampered by drought and fire restrictions. It’s like we’re living in a Alanis Morrisette song

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019741
Mobile Version of Website