My thoughts exactly….

“You've already won me over in spite of me
And don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet
And don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault”

that is some deep cut Alanis knowledge. Respect

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 20:39 Quote
Just wait till he wants to go down on you in a theatre.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Just wait till he wants to go down on you in a theatre.

Don't threaten me with a good time.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 18:58 Quote
Rode Outer Limits twice today. Pretty fun and a nice departure from the normal park stuff. Very natural and would be great with some rain. Kinda like BeKind, but a bit steeper in spots with a recent rock drop and a steep rock roll at the end. Spits you out near the parking lot when all is said and done so feels like a good way to end. i think you guys would love it and the other new trail, which I described as harder than any other tech blacks (and why I didn't ride it haha). No berms, lots of loose stuff, lil jank, no kids!

Fyi there are a few pedally spots. Don't bring the DH bike!

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 19:08 Quote
I am needing a new top-cap for the spring side (left) of my 2015 35mm Boxxers. I have asked the local shops, to no avail. Would anyone know of any machine shops in town that could replicate one?
Thank you folks.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
I have no personal experience sourcing that kinda skill locally, but I would guess A1 machine & welding can do that for you.

If you can borrow someone’s top cap to replicate , it may make the fabrication process easier for them.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 9:18 Quote
sijarvis6 wrote:
I am needing a new top-cap for the spring side (left) of my 2015 35mm Boxxers. I have asked the local shops, to no avail. Would anyone know of any machine shops in town that could replicate one?
Thank you folks.

Realistic you might be far cheaper to buy someone’s old worn out or broken fork for parts, compare to what the machine shop rate is. Or unless you can find some backyard hobby guy. I use to get a lot of custom stuff built.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 9:32 Quote
Thanks for the answers. I do have the original - it's just badly knarled.
The overseas purchase price for it seems crazy, plus shipping also.

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
I’m in the metal industry and work with a lot of machine shops. What they would have to charge you would be crazy. Everyone is super busy right now.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 12:13 Quote
Anyone have an old (or broken) set of Zee's. The ceramic piston in mine cracked and Olympia is the only shop open today and of course they wont just sell a part (the piston), the brake without the cable or lever so I am stuck sourcing this out. Hopefully the other bike shops are actual mechanic shops that will sell parts and not just replace shit.

/rage
@f*ckshimanoasthisismy3rdsetoff*ckedupbrakesin4years

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Anyone have an old (or broken) set of Zee's. The ceramic piston in mine cracked and Olympia is the only shop open today and of course they wont just sell a part (the piston), the brake without the cable or lever so I am stuck sourcing this out. Hopefully the other bike shops are actual mechanic shops that will sell parts and not just replace shit.

/rage
@f*ckshimanoasthisismy3rdsetoff*ckedupbrakesin4years

Shimano doesnt sell small parts - not Olympias fault. You can only buy the caliper. Buy complete brake, sell lever and hose.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
So. In the old days. And yes I realize things are shittier now so no need to Mansplane that fact to me.:. Shops would keep old stuff for parts because you just nEver know. I think a more appropriate response would be they are all like that.

Or how about just a lever or just the brake or even a full system for a zee or a saint. It is absolutely the way business is done with biking now.

And again. I know it’s not just them. But I rather pay through the nose of the bike is down for weeks as I look for the part myself which completely defeats the purpose of a bike shop. You do get a good star fir statement of month as you don’t seem to comprehend my last comment

Anyone need anything from jensons. Looks like I may be ordering

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
Ya that's a Shimano thing. Can only get complete assys such as caliper or complete lever assys.
Can't blame the shop for not keeping every old part around for years & year on the chance someone, someday might need some obscure part. I understand your frustration, but that's just the way things are now.
Not mentioning any names, but one shop (not Oly) in town will not sell you a chain unless they install it & get paid for labour.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 14:15 Quote
johnovey wrote:
Not mentioning any names, but one shop (not Oly) in town will not sell you a chain unless they install it & get paid for labour.

Name and Shame Johney. Thats what in interwebz is for.....

Ill try Skyride on Tuesday and then all the other shops in Kelowna. Hopefully there is something out there. I noticed another leak in the ZEE. If i have to maybe its time to break away from Shimano. 2 derailleurs due to malfunctions in the last 4 years, 3 sets of brakes... Time to realize its probably not just one of's and some of you are just as fat as me with no issues so its not that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015449
Mobile Version of Website