Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
I was using my spare derailleur to wipe my ass during the toilet paper crisis.
I now have a der for sale in the buysell.

Posted: Aug 15, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
johnovey wrote:
I now have a der for sale in the buysell.

Lightly used.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
Bound to get top dollar, I'm sure.

BTW, I've got a brand new (unwiped) cassette and 3 chains, 11spd, that I was hording after I got a sweet deal. New bikes have microspline, so standards suck.

If interested lemme know. Will be willing to trade for a new 12spd cassette haha

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Skyride still has shimano 12spd stuff DRs and chains. Orded a cassette online but Sun Country I think may have those though, but no rear mechs. I can't believe I have a backup derailleur..

Remember when we all ran out of toilet paper because of panic buying?

There was a shop in whistler that was only selling chains to people who brought in an old chain.

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
Skyride still has shimano 12spd stuff DRs and chains. Orded a cassette online but Sun Country I think may have those though, but no rear mechs. I can't believe I have a backup derailleur..

There was a shop in whistler that was only selling chains to people who brought in an old chain.

Now…If they would only sell new bikes to people with old bikes, we could have avoided this entire debacle.

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 19:29 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

I knew there was a reason I have a box full of useless chains sitting around.

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 20:50 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

there's about 300 rolls stuffed inside a big scaffolding frame heart at the trinity church vax clinic in kelowna. they also have an open door policy on all who still require vaccinations

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
numbphase wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

there's about 300 rolls stuffed inside a big scaffolding frame heart at the trinity church vax clinic in kelowna. they also have an open door policy on all who still require vaccinations

Seems like a lot of bike chains for a church. God bless’em. Keeping the congregation rolling

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
you guys watch that gee atherton knife edge thing yet? Jesus christ...

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
Ya that was burly and I definitely cringed when they showed the full crash. Probably the worst I’ve ever seen. Dude is a beast to be able to recover from that and be back on his feet after a few weeks.

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 16:56 Quote
p0zi wrote:
Ya that was burly and I definitely cringed when they showed the full crash. Probably the worst I’ve ever seen. Dude is a beast to be able to recover from that and be back on his feet after a few weeks.

That’s kinda his thing.

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 17:52 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
p0zi wrote:

That’s kinda his thing.

It is.
I still remember this full tilt crash in to the trees at Mont-Sainte-Anne.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 19:55 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
p0zi wrote:

That’s kinda his thing.

Sure is. Doesn’t fail to impress/surprise though.

Just like Dan’s perpetual scowl.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
So Crankworx at silver star. Thing they will let spectators this year? Would be awesome to go watch live and take my kids.

The new ownership have been kicking up their game with biking it would seem.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
Hey all, need a bit of emergency help! Any local riders running Hope hubs that have a parts-bin freehub assembly by any chance?

I'm just visiting (willl be moving here next year) but my rear hub just had a minor failure. One of the pawls actually cracked and came apart. metal shards everywhere inside the hub. I've cleaned that up, but I'll still only have 3 of 4 engaging pawls once I reassemble....it might work, might not.

I have several spare used freehub assemblies at home that I keep for parts and that would work, but that's not an option for me here... :-(

Would anyone in the area be able to lend me one, and I could mail you one of mine when I get home?

It's a long shot, but who knows.
photo
pic attached. The broken pawl in the one at the top, 2 whole ones included for reference.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037217
Mobile Version of Website