Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
If you are talking about the Connector from Pred, yes. Ellison DH had a bit of snow (I was the only one out that way), but no problem.
Things could change with more snow though.

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 15:32 Quote

Connector was fully packed snow more than half the way down from the top. Surprisingly good traction, although I didn’t try my luck and push it.

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
neptuak wrote:
Keep in mind that according to to the new terms, you no longer own the content you posted on PB. It's theirs to do with as they please. If you chose to post that content elsewhere, they could in theory come after you. It's truly mind-boggling.

Same experience over at Gaia GPS which they also recently acquired. Caused an uproar there too (amongst those that understood what was happening), but Outside never responded to requests for clarification. They literally just waited it out. Lost a few subscribers, but gained a lot of content to feed their media machine.

I wonder how the PB founders feel about what is being done here. they must have known, but I guess money talks ...

Thanks for the update on Outside's new terms. I had uploaded some of my artwork a while back, and just went and deleted all of it. From what I understand, when it comes to art/illustration, the artist always retains the moral rights. But I'm still not going to take any chances.

...I'll go back to quietly lurking in the dark corners of the VRT now.

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
srh2 wrote:
neptuak wrote:
Keep in mind that according to to the new terms, you no longer own the content you posted on PB. It's theirs to do with as they please. If you chose to post that content elsewhere, they could in theory come after you. It's truly mind-boggling.

Same experience over at Gaia GPS which they also recently acquired. Caused an uproar there too (amongst those that understood what was happening), but Outside never responded to requests for clarification. They literally just waited it out. Lost a few subscribers, but gained a lot of content to feed their media machine.

I wonder how the PB founders feel about what is being done here. they must have known, but I guess money talks ...

Thanks for the update on Outside's new terms. I had uploaded some of my artwork a while back, and just went and deleted all of it. From what I understand, when it comes to art/illustration, the artist always retains the moral rights. But I'm still not going to take any chances.

...I'll go back to quietly lurking in the dark corners of the VRT now.

No worries - just trying to help out! If you know other creators who have posted photos or videos to PB (e.g. perhaps someone could check in with Robb Thompson?) please spread the work.

Interestingly, I can't find an option to delete any of my photos, not that they matter, but getting content off the platform may be challenging, and given that I think the new terms of service are already in effect, it might be too late anyway ...

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
neptuak wrote:
srh2 wrote:
neptuak wrote:
Keep in mind that according to to the new terms, you no longer own the content you posted on PB. It's theirs to do with as they please. If you chose to post that content elsewhere, they could in theory come after you. It's truly mind-boggling.

Same experience over at Gaia GPS which they also recently acquired. Caused an uproar there too (amongst those that understood what was happening), but Outside never responded to requests for clarification. They literally just waited it out. Lost a few subscribers, but gained a lot of content to feed their media machine.

I wonder how the PB founders feel about what is being done here. they must have known, but I guess money talks ...

Thanks for the update on Outside's new terms. I had uploaded some of my artwork a while back, and just went and deleted all of it. From what I understand, when it comes to art/illustration, the artist always retains the moral rights. But I'm still not going to take any chances.

...I'll go back to quietly lurking in the dark corners of the VRT now.

No worries - just trying to help out! If you know other creators who have posted photos or videos to PB (e.g. perhaps someone could check in with Robb Thompson?) please spread the work.

Interestingly, I can't find an option to delete any of my photos, not that they matter, but getting content off the platform may be challenging, and given that I think the new terms of service are already in effect, it might be too late anyway ...


I'm not sure if I deleted the images correctly. I clicked on Edit Photos, then selected the images I wanted to delete, then Move and clicked on Select Album, Trash. Seems like it worked...hopefully.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 14:21 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
cameronbikes wrote:
That sounds largely illegal. Not that it matters. Are humans concerned with their rights at all anymore? The terms and agreements for all on line including ones cell phone are pretty amazing. I'll be deleting my account soon. All I do is look at the buy and sell when bored.

No, people don’t care about their rights and freedoms at all anymore. All that matters now are futile efforts to minimize anxieties while preserving comforts.

People still care about whichever particular rights and freedoms matter to them, just not the other ones that matter to other people. Every man for himself. The future is not looking bright.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Every man for himself.

You're so close.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 14:50 Quote
I'm just here for donkey shows and glory hole locations........Pimp lol

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I haven't ridden in over a week and I'm bored out of my mind!

Xc skiing opened at sovereign and it opens at silver star on Friday. They haven’t mailed me my pass yet, though. Anyone else still waiting?

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I'm just here for donkey shows and glory hole locations........Pimp lol

I hear there’s a few in Sudden Valley.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 16:23 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I haven't ridden in over a week and I'm bored out of my mind!

Xc skiing opened at sovereign and it opens at silver star on Friday. They haven’t mailed me my pass yet, though. Anyone else still waiting?

I picked mine up at the pass shack a few weeks back. Seems like mail is delayed with all the highway problems

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 16:27 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I'm just here for donkey shows and glory hole locations........Pimp lol

I hear there’s a few in Sudden Valley.

Eek

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I'm just here for donkey shows and glory hole locations........Pimp lol

I hear there’s a few in Sudden Valley.

Eek

Maybe less since Sterling moved.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 17:31 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:


I hear there’s a few in Sudden Valley.

Eek

Maybe less since Sterling moved.

Yup, he musta taken them all with when he left....Wink

Posted: 13 hours ago Quote
Outside now owns climbing, biking
, outdoor sports content and makes you pay to read articles I really don’t like them. They bought out the small guys companies. They use inflammatory titles to make you want to pay to read useless articles. They are in it for the money not the love of the sports they just want sell our data and create algorithm that can please us so we buy more shit. I try to support them as little as possible. I rather buy a magasin and have a hard copy of good stories or articles/reviews.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010036
Mobile Version of Website