Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 8:51 Quote
Welcome to the WEBS...

Pinkbike is no different. They take shit products like 29ers and ebikes and put click bait after click bait about how great they are. They do it so often that they click bait become industry standards and we are all gayer for it (not that there is anything wrong with that) We will be riding 1 wheel 32 inch rimmed bikes that are powered by sails.. we are not the smartest of sport user groups.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
They take shit products like 29ers and ebikes and put click bait after click bait about how great they are. They do it so often that they click bait become industry standards and we are all gayer for it (not that there is anything wrong with that) We will be riding 1 wheel 32 inch rimmed bikes that are powered by sails.. we are not the smartest of sport user groups.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 9:45 Quote

This unidentified 29er skeptic can be seen here loving his first ride one. Rumour has it, he wanted to buy it but the bike was spec’d out of mortal price ranges.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 10:08 Quote
I used to be a big skeptic till I rode one.... lesson learned.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
Mullets look kinda hot to me, but I'm not sure I'm that cool to commit to such a bike.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 15:14 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Mullets look kinda hot to me, but I'm not sure I'm that cool to commit to such a bike.

You’re not. I, however, have recently invested in some white frame mono lens sunglasses to go with my party shirt and slim fit riding pants so I think I’m ready for a mullet.

In all seriousness, if I were in the market for a new bike, that is the way I’d go.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 15:37 Quote
Poachninja wrote:

You’re not. I, however, have recently invested in some white frame mono lens sunglasses to go with my party shirt and slim fit riding pants so I think I’m ready for a mullet.

In all seriousness, if I were in the market for a new bike, that is the way I’d go.

What, no white belt? rookie.....

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

What, no white belt? rookie.....

My Bullit is a mullet. It’s definitely easier to toss it around with the small wheel out back even though it’s the heavier bike than my full 29 analogue ride.
That said my full 29er is definitely faster rolling at speed. Regular old trail riding the wheel size is a wash going down. Up the Bullit is faster, cuz you know, assisted. 2 to 3X more distance per ride in the same amount of time. All win. Best thing I purchased in years.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 14:02 Quote
I don't even look at acoustic bikes anymore aside from pretty hardtails. Next bike will be electronic for sure. Double laps!

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
It looks like you ride air suspension on your Bullit; any particular reason why?

I have very little interest in E-bikes so take this opinion for what it is, but it seems to me that getting a coil shock on there would be a no-brainer given you're getting the boost uphill anyway?

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
I don't even look at acoustic bikes anymore aside from pretty hardtails. Next bike will be electronic for sure. Double laps!

Double or triple.
Only negative is my body gets more sore because sometimes I'm out there way longer. That said I'm out there longer... so positive!

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
sheldonuvic wrote:
It looks like you ride air suspension on your Bullit; any particular reason why?

I have very little interest in E-bikes so take this opinion for what it is, but it seems to me that getting a coil shock on there would be a no-brainer given you're getting the boost uphill anyway?

The shock is what came on it in the only available build. Really haven't felt the need to change it out.
Maybe someday I'll try a coil on it. Honestly the newer air shocks are great and I can adjust them with a few pumps of air. Done.

The old days of overheating rear air shocks that turn to crap on long descents are over. This big man remembers doing that many many times. Good riddance.

There's also the weight thing too. My Commencal Meta 29 park bike is 46lbs and my Bullit is 50lbs. Both heavy enough to toss around with Zebs, 38's and Double Down casing tires. No need to add even more weight with coil shocks and forks IMO.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 14:17 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Double or triple.
Only negative is my body gets more sore because sometimes I'm out there way longer. That said I'm out there longer... so positive!

Worth it!

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 17:58 Quote

Why….. why are we calling them acoustic?

I’m not anti e-bike but damnit that name can die a fiery death.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
p0zi wrote:

Why….. why are we calling them acoustic?

I’m not anti e-bike but damnit that name can die a fiery death.

Because guitars are acoustic or electric.
Is analogue better?
Manual?
Old school?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010055
Mobile Version of Website