Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 18:01 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
They are definitely depended on in some countries. There is a story in this thread from years ago from XB and a co worker from I want to say Peru who wanted to bike with him after work And bought a $20 huffy bike and laid waste to everyone because it was what they used growing up for transportation. I’ll try and dig it up. Saddle time=skill

But evolution of society wasn’t how fast you can get from point a to b. It was domestication of animals for loads for farming. Moving. Transportation of goods The bike is just to solo to make any real difference other than convenience and even then you need a graduated infrastructure.

In modern society though it will get you to your job at a call centre efficiently.

I have been thinking about this group and it has changed. I think that what people who have joined dont realize is this was a community. All the regulars through the years knew each other in real life and most of us where friends.It was known This was a platform to be an idiot and that nothing was ever taken seriously. One of the members used to send us all dick picks. Not his own but ones he found. We tried to make each other laugh in the worst possible ways sometimes.

We know have a board of strangers which is ok for the moment. We have met some people off here in the last year that have come helped dig but we should get back to being friends outside of this bullshit. Most of us are getting old on here now so for me there is no more jumping trucks. Duck I walked the hammered cow Slabs 2 years ago. I’ll fight anyone on here who teases me about it. But really it doesn’t matter. Next spring if the invite goes out and it’s not something stupid like climathon 2022 I’m probably in. And everyone on here should to.

My 2 cents getting this horrid place back on track.

Talk about a long winded cry for dick pics.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 6:42 Quote
My old crew/community/whatever used to do some pretty big season-opener rides which were open to everyone, shitter or shredder. Pick the day that all the trails are usually good to go every year in the spring (in Onterrible that was April 20) and do decent loop, then bonfires, beers, stupidity etc. Usually wasn't an epic ride, but it was great socially. After party I'd even get my wife etc. to come down, it was fun. All I got.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 10:22 Quote
"Decent loop, beers, stupidity" should just be a normal ride. (Bonfires weather permitting).
If not, you're not doing it right!

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
johnovey wrote:
"Decent loop, beers, stupidity" should just be a normal ride. (Bonfires weather permitting).
If not, you're not doing it right!

If you're rides with dozens of people and big parties after on a regular basis, I'd like to be friends. I haven't had bonfire in the woods since I left Toronto, which seem ridiculous.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:12 Quote
Vernon Jeff’s been talking about building a big fire pit at the nobles parking spot since I met him.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:33 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Vernon Jeff’s been talking about building a big fire pit at the nobles parking spot since I met him.

Personal I would not build a big pit there, it will just encourage other asshats to burn their garbage there and turn into another party spot. It’s bad enough they do it in other places in there. Been riding nobels for close to 40 years and a lot has changed in there over the years.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
It’s funny. Proper dirt riding at elevation doesn’t really start much sooner here than in Ontario. Lower Nobles (Baconator entrance from the power lines at 7.5KM) Is usual rideable towards the end of March or early April but the road up is usually still a mess. Up from there SoS always has snow on it until mid to end of April. Plus the access double wide in is always a snow mess as well. Everything clear and proper dirt riding doesn’t really start out ther until the end of April or May sometimes.

That said BC MTB does like to get out there early and throw down some Snow-bull laps.
Hardcore rider.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:56 Quote
I have to agree with Pure.
A proper fire pit would be cool but would also encourage campers and everyone else to set up in that spot.

Keep the campers earlier on the road in like they do now.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 19:44 Quote
Anyone ever do Kal laps and then end at cosens with beer and speakers and firewood stashed (before summer)? Guess the cabins on the lake would make that a heat score?

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 19:46 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
It’s funny. Proper dirt riding at elevation doesn’t really start much sooner here than in Ontario. Lower Nobles (Baconator entrance from the power lines at 7.5KM) Is usual rideable towards the end of March or early April but the road up is usually still a mess. Up from there SoS always has snow on it until mid to end of April. Plus the access double wide in is always a snow mess as well. Everything clear and proper dirt riding doesn’t really start out ther until the end of April or May sometimes.

That said BC MTB does like to get out there early and throw down some Snow-bull laps.
Hardcore rider.

True. I was riding in late March, even though it was just kinda muddy wall laps, but I was just thankful to be out. Ontario can have almost all trails crap till close to may depending on ground thaw and the snow that year.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 19:48 Quote
riding on Seymour has been great. Does anyone care about Onterrible?

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 6:13 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:

True. About as relevant to vernon conditions as seymour.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:

Not true. I had some great days on the shore last winter and now, with the coquihalla back up, I’m considering a little trip. You should come.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 10:09 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:

Not true. I had some great days on the shore last winter and now, with the coquihalla back up, I’m considering a little trip. You should come.

I like that idea, but it's not helping me now, man! Although with these desert conditions, maybe I should just move to the coast for the rest of the winter.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 10:22 Quote
It’s gone from winter hell to hero dirt pretty quickly down here.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009415
Mobile Version of Website