Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Author Message
O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:12 Quote
Vernon Jeff’s been talking about building a big fire pit at the nobles parking spot since I met him.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:33 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Vernon Jeff’s been talking about building a big fire pit at the nobles parking spot since I met him.

Personal I would not build a big pit there, it will just encourage other asshats to burn their garbage there and turn into another party spot. It’s bad enough they do it in other places in there. Been riding nobels for close to 40 years and a lot has changed in there over the years.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
It’s funny. Proper dirt riding at elevation doesn’t really start much sooner here than in Ontario. Lower Nobles (Baconator entrance from the power lines at 7.5KM) Is usual rideable towards the end of March or early April but the road up is usually still a mess. Up from there SoS always has snow on it until mid to end of April. Plus the access double wide in is always a snow mess as well. Everything clear and proper dirt riding doesn’t really start out ther until the end of April or May sometimes.

That said BC MTB does like to get out there early and throw down some Snow-bull laps.
Hardcore rider.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:56 Quote
I have to agree with Pure.
A proper fire pit would be cool but would also encourage campers and everyone else to set up in that spot.

Keep the campers earlier on the road in like they do now.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 19:44 Quote
Anyone ever do Kal laps and then end at cosens with beer and speakers and firewood stashed (before summer)? Guess the cabins on the lake would make that a heat score?

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 19:46 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
It’s funny. Proper dirt riding at elevation doesn’t really start much sooner here than in Ontario. Lower Nobles (Baconator entrance from the power lines at 7.5KM) Is usual rideable towards the end of March or early April but the road up is usually still a mess. Up from there SoS always has snow on it until mid to end of April. Plus the access double wide in is always a snow mess as well. Everything clear and proper dirt riding doesn’t really start out ther until the end of April or May sometimes.

That said BC MTB does like to get out there early and throw down some Snow-bull laps.
Hardcore rider.

True. I was riding in late March, even though it was just kinda muddy wall laps, but I was just thankful to be out. Ontario can have almost all trails crap till close to may depending on ground thaw and the snow that year.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 19:48 Quote
riding on Seymour has been great. Does anyone care about Onterrible?

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 6:13 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
riding on Seymour has been great. Does anyone care about Onterrible?

True. About as relevant to vernon conditions as seymour.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:
riding on Seymour has been great. Does anyone care about Onterrible?

True. About as relevant to vernon conditions as seymour.

Not true. I had some great days on the shore last winter and now, with the coquihalla back up, I’m considering a little trip. You should come.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 10:09 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:
riding on Seymour has been great. Does anyone care about Onterrible?

True. About as relevant to vernon conditions as seymour.

Not true. I had some great days on the shore last winter and now, with the coquihalla back up, I’m considering a little trip. You should come.

I like that idea, but it's not helping me now, man! Although with these desert conditions, maybe I should just move to the coast for the rest of the winter.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 10:22 Quote
It’s gone from winter hell to hero dirt pretty quickly down here.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 10:57 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
It’s gone from winter hell to hero dirt pretty quickly down here.

The inversion is nice up top... going to bang off a lap at my work lunch. #NoOffSeason

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:03 Quote
Just saw a post that Predator Ridge is adding 24k of new trail - that's a lot of kms!

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
Double wide for golf carts?

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
cameronbikes wrote:
Double wide for golf carts?

is 12km of double track = 24km or 'trail'?


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020847
Mobile Version of Website