Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 12:26 Quote
Anyone here on the board or involved with NOCS?

I was curious if there was going to be actual social rides with the whole COVID19 thing seeming to be winding down(ish). Not much on the website, but I did notice the memberships for 2022 are on sale now.

In previous years, was the social rides scene pretty big? SORCA and WORCA weeklies were always awesome; would be nice to get back into that groove.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 16:46 Quote
Not a board member and no insights into the social rides but they were good and I met a lot of people. I do recall that by 2019 some of the rides had such a large turnout I ended up skipping them (and avoid the location) due to inadequate parking.

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 12:31 Quote
There was hope to do in person social rides last year but it just wasn't a reality. There was a lot of positive feedback from the "online" social rides too, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mix of both going forward.

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
Hey guys, I've been reading your thread for a little while, I'm possibly moving to Vernon or Vernon area in a couple of years.
Is it ok if I intrude time to time for a couple of questions to help with planning my move?
Sound like there is pretty good riding in your area I'm pumped by the move and hope it's gonna happen fast.
safe rides and keep the rubber side down.
Max

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 11:21 Quote
burquenomas wrote:
Hey guys, I've been reading your thread for a little while, I'm possibly moving to Vernon or Vernon area in a couple of years.
Is it ok if I intrude time to time for a couple of questions to help with planning my move?
Sound like there is pretty good riding in your area I'm pumped by the move and hope it's gonna happen fast.
Max

You’ve come to the right place for everything you need to know about Vernon’s donkey shows and glory holes.

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
burquenomas wrote:
Max

You’ve come to the right place for everything you need to know about Vernon’s donkey shows and glory holes.

Dude and I thought the riding was good but sound like off season activities are a blast too.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 16:05 Quote
burquenomas wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
burquenomas wrote:
Max

Dude and I thought the riding was good but sound like off season activities are a blast too.

Who says that's the off season?

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 16:10 Quote
Donkey shows and glory holes 24/7 in Vernon, dontcha know? lol

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 23:37 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:

f*ck 2 years I'm coming now lol Canadian immigration if you read this don't let it affect my visa I'm a good person I swear Rolleyes

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
burquenomas wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

f*ck 2 years I'm coming now lol Canadian immigration if you read this don't let it affect my visa I'm a good person I swear Rolleyes

The fact that you know affect and effect are different words makes you too good for Vernon.

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 9:07 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
burquenomas wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

The fact that you know affect and effect are different words makes you too good for Vernon.

Well crap I'm gonna have to redneck it a little then, will 20 years in rural New Mexico and a few tats help raise my case?

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 10:06 Quote
burquenomas wrote:
Max

I moved here a year and a half ago, hit me up any time with questions on the move. Post here for dick jokes, berm hatred and other reasons why the Vernon of today sucks compared to the 90s.

Everyone I've met on this forum in real life is actually cool, don't let their demeanor dissuade you. I love it here.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 10:13 Quote
Speaking of berms......is this the kind of berms we can expect in Vernon?

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
burquenomas wrote:
Max

I moved here a year and a half ago, hit me up any time with questions on the move. Post here for dick jokes, berm hatred and other reasons why the Vernon of today sucks compared to the 90s.

Everyone I've met on this forum in real life is actually cool, don't let their demeanor dissuade you. I love it here.

Funny, all of the people I’ve met are a*sholes.

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 11:36 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
burquenomas wrote:
Max

Cool thanks, I'm in France right now and planning a recon trip in Vernon just as soon as soon as flying is possible again without the quarantaine hassle. If that ever comes. Maybe this fall or spring 2023
Is there a good MTB store in Vernon?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021672
Mobile Version of Website