Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 16:04 Quote
Definitely like those onyx, but they too are $$$

After 2 years on cheapo hubs its hard to splurge as engagement is the only thing I notice as long as they don't break haha

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
I9 Hydra’s can be pretty quiet if you use the right grease, just a very quiet buzz. I’ve had a couple sets of WAO’s and was pleasantly surprised with the lack of noise, nothing like the older style 101’s.

Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 6:55 Quote
Would the budget 1/1 hubs be screamers? I'm starting to think those might get the biggest bang for the bucks.

Posted: Jun 19, 2022 at 12:26 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Would the budget 1/1 hubs be screamers? I'm starting to think those might get the biggest bang for the bucks.

i have them on my nobl wheels and they sound awesome not as loud has hopes, they kinda sound like the dt swiss 52t ratchet..

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 6:45 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:

i have them on my nobl wheels and they sound awesome not as loud has hopes, they kinda sound like the dt swiss 52t ratchet..
These might be the winners!

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
Seems like an interesting offering: https://wheelsbyimby.ca/collections/all-wheels

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
I haven’t heard anything about their wheelbuilding but people really like this shop. Never a negative anecdote.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
Hey Bermlovers.

Anyone have an opinion on wheelbuilders in town? Is there a go-to?

ps. good things happening on the lower end of connector trail, so many berms!

Those berms at the Nest are hella sweeeet and the new berms at the bottom of connector are a great addition but the climb portion of The Nest is kinda brutal. It’s got an almost 10pct average grade, putting it in line with Stone Free, though less tech and shorter. I do hope the green nest shoots through the new development linking up with the old route, making trips to the mantle or mantle/connector doubles more feasible.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 13:31 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Hey Bermlovers.

Anyone have an opinion on wheelbuilders in town? Is there a go-to?

ps. good things happening on the lower end of connector trail, so many berms!

Those berms at the Nest are hella sweeeet and the new berms at the bottom of connector are a great addition but the climb portion of The Nest is kinda brutal. It’s got an almost 10pct average grade, putting it in line with Stone Free, though less tech and shorter. I do hope the green nest shoots through the new development linking up with the old route, making trips to the mantle or mantle/connector doubles more feasible.

There are two extended pitches that have had me taking breaks on The Nest, which I don't typically do on Stones Free. It's not that long a climb, but I miss the old Ridge line up. Otherwise, the top of the nest is a great reprieve.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 20:54 Quote
Wondering what folks are thinking about conditions at Silverstar right now? I've only ridden there once last season but am debating an enduro day pass this weekend. Are the climbing routes running well right now?

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
Lots of stuff closed due to moisture (snow) on the weekend, but over all what was open was pretty great so imagine it's gonna be better by this afternoon. Buggy, so don't get a flat. Treat yourself to a full pass and save climbing for when you have to and/or you're not paying to ride. All that time sweating up you could be shredding down!

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
make sure you bring bug spray.. i rode there all last weekend and my legs are riddled with misquito bites

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 8:49 Quote
meagrem wrote:
Wondering what folks are thinking about conditions at Silverstar right now? I've only ridden there once last season but am debating an enduro day pass this weekend. Are the climbing routes running well right now?

Can’t say in the park, but sovereign climbing above the snowmobile hut is still 1-2 feet high in some places as of last week.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 10:45 Quote
Park is prime right now. I’m on a oft I the not too hot sun, wth a nice breeze keeping off the bugs. I don’t now what people climb to get t the park but paradise is fully open. I climbed in sovereign and everything from the top of rock is the new berm is perfect. Apparently the trees that were down on hammered cow have also disappeared due to the trail faeries.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 1:33 Quote
Some of the berms were pretty haggard and ruts were bad in the soft spots opening weekend. That said now that the crew doesn’t have to move snow I’m sure everything will get buffed up quick.

As far as climbing up. Take the asphalt path straight out to Silver Shack for single track climbing. When Sliver Shack ends double wide on Paradise to the top. Then drop in on whatever tail suits you. Not sure about snow out there in the trees. Check Trailforks.

That said the chairlift is open. Get some! Climbing can be done later.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009743
Mobile Version of Website