Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
What about the donkey shows? Inquiring minds want to know.....lol lol

There doesn’t seem to be an app for donkey shows. I feel a disruptive business plan forming in my mind…

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 9:00 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
I was feeling bad you guys where sending him to Ellison. It’s obviously the end of days when I’m the nice one

He said 'scenic views'!

Good point. I guess he maybe an e biker and it’s not about the ride. If that’s the case the road up to the rise golf course has the best views in vernon.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
My local favorite is SoS/Baconator at Noble but not for the views.. You don’t need to shuttle it’s a fairly easy climb, most of it isn’t too steep it’s just long so do it early in the day. Hard blue/easy black, steep and fun. You’ll want to do it again but won’t have the legs for it unless you’re on an ebike.

If you’re driving through Kamloops I’d suggest doing Dewdrop if you can get it in early in the day. The views are amazing and it’s another really fun descent, nothing technical but exhilarating. The jeep road climb is a grind, almost 1000m and steep and it’s going to be getting hot as f*ck this week.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 13:27 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
My local favorite is SoS/Baconator at Noble but not for the views.. You don’t need to shuttle it’s a fairly easy climb, most of it isn’t too steep it’s just long so do it early in the day. Hard blue/easy black, steep and fun. You’ll want to do it again but won’t have the legs for it unless you’re on an ebike.

If you’re driving through Kamloops I’d suggest doing Dewdrop if you can get it in early in the day. The views are amazing and it’s another really fun descent, nothing technical but exhilarating. The jeep road climb is a grind, almost 1000m and steep and it’s going to be getting hot as f*ck this week.

What are you talking about? Nobles has great views… of impromptu camper squatter villages, burned out trailers, unattended pallet fires, various blown up/shot to pieces items in a renegade gun range, cut blocks…. It actually does have a nice view of Silver Star and the Selkirks further out.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 13:35 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
I was feeling bad you guys where sending him to Ellison. It’s obviously the end of days when I’m the nice one

He said 'scenic views'!

Good point. I guess he maybe an e biker and it’s not about the ride. If that’s the case the road up to the rise golf course has the best views in vernon.

I don't think he's gonna come for a visit anymore.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 13:51 Quote
Probably was coming to buy a house and drive the prices up anyways. The weather sucks here.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 22:11 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Probably was coming to buy a house and drive the prices up .

Its what we do

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 14:04 Quote
Well I had a great day at silver star yesterday and today I went for a quick pedal at kal lake up to 36DD and back. Very pedally but jumping in the lake after was great.
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 14:32 Quote
Is this the guy who was coming here from Victoria?

That must of been rough with that twin link suspension and hot.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 18:17 Quote
Nice. I hope you checked out the local glory holes while you were here. Our trails may not be as gnarly as the coast, but our glory holes are all double black.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 4:17 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

If you’re just gonna freely distribute the acquired knowledge of the local contributors of this thread, then so am I.

https://www.gloryshole.com/en/vernon/british_columbia/canada

I haven't clicked the link but is this a list of trails suitable for the Giant Glory and similarly suited bikes?

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 19:41 Quote
Anybody know of any good POV videos on of the changes to the middle of Pipedream?
Maybe Air DH footage or something for a dude who broke his clavicle a few days in and didn’t get to ride the new Pipe bits?

Couch surfing is getting old. At least I can play some guitar again.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 21:00 Quote
No footage but yah, silver star nailed it. A bit dry when they built it so there are some issues there but the shaping is spot on. Actually, silver star has been nailing it recently. I’ve recently come back from whistler and they are definitely not nailing it. Quite the opposite

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 8:43 Quote
Folks,

What brakes are you using at SS? Last few weeks the brake fade is getting real (scary) and post-bleed & new pads it's not really helping. Not sure if there's hope for my deore 4pots, but after bailing yesterday I want a solution! What are you guys using? What do you love? Figure the higher temps and sand everywhere isn't helping. Should I go full-saint? Feels like a lot for a trail bike that doesn't go gnarlier than Double Dog, but whatever works.

I'm a 205lb dude who probably uses his brakes too much if that makes any difference.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 10:36 Quote
Bigger rotors. Bigger rotors changed my life.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021211
Mobile Version of Website