Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
Oh ill be following your lead on that two.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
Oh ill be following your lead on that too.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 11:55 Quote
To, too, two.
Pick one & be a dick about it.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 12:49 Quote
johnovey wrote:
To, too, two.
Pick one & be a dick about it.

Screw yoo, two.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
Made the move over to TRP DH-R EVO’s after my last two sets of Shimano brakes both had wondering bite point issues. We couldn’t solve the problems no matter what we tried.
Peace out Shimano. The TRP’s have been solid and powerful everywhere. Including on my 50lb E-ride.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 16:57 Quote
im running magura MT7 HC3 brakes with 220mm rotors front and back.. im no lightweight and i have never had any fade issues, i have also ran saints with 203mm rotors with zero issues

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 17:04 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Made the move over to TRP DH-R EVO’s after my last two sets of Shimano brakes both had wondering bite point issues. We couldn’t solve the problems no matter what we tried.
Peace out Shimano. The TRP’s have been solid and powerful everywhere. Including on my 50lb E-ride.

Skyride folks seem to be fans too. This is my.first experience with brake fade and it's worth spending money to solve.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
For those Deores go 8” rotors and the finned metal pads if you haven’t already.

Or just go all in on Magura. I made the switch a couple years ago and my only regret is not moving sooner.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 21:01 Quote
The only downfall to the maguras is the magura pads they are pricey like 80 bucks a brake for their race pad which is kinda like sintered. The galfer pads are a decent option the metal pads are a bit noisier but work good..

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 5:06 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

How much $ did the TRPs set you back? They use shimano pads correct?

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
TRP use shimano pads? Had I known that I probably would have gone with them when I upgraded my ebike brakes. I don’t like the idea of needing obscure parts at the last minute.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 7:45 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
TRP use shimano pads? Had I known that I probably would have gone with them when I upgraded my ebike brakes. I don’t like the idea of needing obscure parts at the last minute.

Biggest turn off for me and the TRP stuff. I'd end up buying a bunch of back up pads just in case.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
I’m using shimano but I have replaced 3 sets in 4 years. When they work they work. One set wouldnt keep compression. One set blew a seal. And the other I broke the lever and I couldn’t just get the lever. I’m not really impressed but it’s what I have.

I use the type j pads with the fins as they cool down quicker. And yes bigger routers.

As to Johnny’s point I was an avid/shram user for years. They are hard to bleed. Need to be bled often and squeal when hot. shram doesn’t support their product. I broke a carbon crank on my very first time out and no warranty so eff those guys. I also heard that Jeffrey Epstein was a shram guy and used avid as a safe word

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 8:54 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Folks,

What brakes are you using at SS? Last few weeks the brake fade is getting real (scary) and post-bleed & new pads it's not really helping. Not sure if there's hope for my deore 4pots, but after bailing yesterday I want a solution! What are you guys using? What do you love? Figure the higher temps and sand everywhere isn't helping. Should I go full-saint? Feels like a lot for a trail bike that doesn't go gnarlier than Double Dog, but whatever works.

I'm a 205lb dude who probably uses his brakes too much if that makes any difference.

Bigger rotors and MTX ceramic brake pads and you're good to go! MTX pads kick ass.

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
I’m using shimano but I have replaced 3 sets in 4 years. When they work they work. One set wouldnt keep compression. One set blew a seal. And the other I broke the lever and I couldn’t just get the lever. I’m not really impressed but it’s what I have.

I use the type j pads with the fins as they cool down quicker. And yes bigger routers.

As to Johnny’s point I was an avid/shram user for years. They are hard to bleed. Need to be bled often and squeal when hot. shram doesn’t support their product. I broke a carbon crank on my very first time out and no warranty so eff those guys. I also heard that Jeffrey Epstein was a shram guy and used avid as a safe word

Hillary Clinton sells shimanos with a wandering bite point out of a pizza joint basement.

I should add that, when I upgraded my rotors, not only did I go bigger but also thicker. I don’t know how much that helped but these new rotors are great.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016904
Mobile Version of Website