Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 21:11 Quote
I guess I’ll have to channel my inner poach ninja….

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 21:12 Quote
uncleric09 wrote:
I guess I’ll have to channel my inner poach ninja….

That’s the spirit…

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 21:27 Quote
uncleric09 wrote:
Awesome. Thanks for the info! I think I’ll do Granite and Mantle tomorrow.

Im assuming baconator and Sauce on side?

Unpopular opinion on this board, but Ellison is probably the worst riding in the entire OK. Think crushed gravel, and multi use, with some short rock slabs. The entirety of which can be ridden in about 45 minutes. Given what you said you like to ride, you’re going to be pretty underwhelmed. You’re much better off heading out to sovereign, or committing to a longer ride in Kal.

If you want to be shown around, I have Friday off and was planning either the full pull up to Big Ed into 36 and Fraidycat, or a few laps on the sovereign side. You’re more than welcome to come along.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 21:33 Quote
sheldonuvic wrote:
uncleric09 wrote:
Awesome. Thanks for the info! I think I’ll do Granite and Mantle tomorrow.

Im assuming baconator and Sauce on side?

Unpopular opinion on this board, but Ellison is probably the worst riding in the entire OK. Think crushed gravel, and multi use, with some short rock slabs. The entirety of which can be ridden in about 45 minutes. Given what you said you like to ride, you’re going to be pretty underwhelmed. You’re much better off heading out to sovereign, or committing to a longer ride in Kal.

If you want to be shown around, I have Friday off and was planning either the full pull up to Big Ed into 36 and Fraidycat, or a few laps on the sovereign side. You’re more than welcome to come along.

Man, I appreciate the offer, but I am flying to Edmonton Friday for the weekend to fetch my belongings.

That seems like a tough climb? I climbed to Kal view, and those up tracks are fairly straight and also multi use. Are the climbing trails on Ed built better?

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 21:38 Quote
Yes, Stone Free and Paligap can compete with any of the blue climbs elsewhere in the province. Great climbing trails.

The elevation from the gate parking is 950 meters, not that crazy.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 21:48 Quote
That’s a lot! Haha, My most in a day is just over 800m.

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 22:58 Quote
there are some grunts on the climb... unpopular route but an easier climb is to take the Kind Eddie FSR up to Big Ed

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 6:24 Quote
uncleric09 wrote:
That’s a lot! Haha, My most in a day is just over 800m.

If you park at Cougar Canyon you can shave a bunch of somewhat unneccesary climbing off a Kal ride and get up to BeKind in about 600m I too am happy to take you up to BeKind etc. some time if you wanna flow session. PM me.

Definitely take advantage of the noble folks on here if you want a tour - it's something to shuttle though and not especially intuitive. Go before it's greasy!

I think The ride up to Mantle and down is fun, but it's not especially advanced or anything, but the views are nice and there are some fun slabs off the top. Definitely worth seeing, but may not become your go to as there is better stuff, but as said is gonna be the place you start and finish the season cause it has so little moisture and drains really well.

And definitely hit Sovereign before it's gone to snow. Pretty different vibe to the other trails in the area and some really cool lines and very easy road climbs for lapping. Hammered Cow has some good steep slab lines that a scary for me, but loved by many, but I think Rock is the New Berm is a funner trail over all, although not that long, so worthy of two laps.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 9:36 Quote
Ya, Sovereign is prime right now. Did a Hammered Cow & RITNB yesterday.
Beautiful up there right now.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 9:52 Quote
I did Rock is the new berm the other day. I’ll probably do Hammered Cow tomorrow.

I am doing Granite, and Mantle today. But I’ve heard it’s spicy. The photos say otherwise. Looking forward to seeing it and the views!

If anyone wants to shuttle Noble, I have a Jeep we can use. I’m gone this weekend but back Monday!

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
uncleric09 wrote:
I did Rock is the new berm the other day. I’ll probably do Hammered Cow tomorrow.

I am doing Granite, and Mantle today. But I’ve heard it’s spicy. The photos say otherwise. Looking forward to seeing it and the views!

If anyone wants to shuttle Noble, I have a Jeep we can use. I’m gone this weekend but back Monday!

There is one slab/chute that can be spicy depending on how much loose stuff is on the slab. The rest is not spicy but still a lot off fun. It’s one of my favourites.

I may be able to to hammered cow with you tomorrow.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 10:32 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
there are some grunts on the climb... unpopular route but an easier climb is to take the Kind Eddie FSR up to Big Ed

The even better climb is to do this with a truck.

Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 16:02 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:

Problem is it take a lot of time to retrieve... doubt it saves anytime shuttling tbh. Easier though.

Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 16:25 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
Poachninja wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:

Problem is it take a lot of time to retrieve... doubt it saves anytime shuttling tbh. Easier though.

No problemz... got beer.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 17:14 Quote
1 hour of shuttle retrieval with beer is 10x faster than a 1 hour mtb climb up an FSR. Its just science.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020712
Mobile Version of Website