Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:38 Quote
it can't be denied that the tall can has the makings and mark of a real man

I'll humbly sip on my Honey Brown or 1516* (buy local, bro-cal) cold cans. crush'n chuck tactics in full effect. no man truck is legit without a few crushed cans rolling around. bottle tops are too upmarket

*too good for ShreduntilBed, stick with your weak perfume tasting Cariboos, bro

but anyone calls it with the tall cans, I'm pretty sure I can go toe2toe. even dem der folk from the rock. crush 'em like a DT Swiss rim on Dags DH.

hey xb, old Willie Nelson got down with the greenshag scene. country green got soul. banjo twiddling in a haze of blue smoke. and a rasping throat and sore red eyes.

all country is legit. I have kinfolk in the Appalachians, full stoop dwelling fast finger banjo plucking dead dog storytelling folk. no electricity no cable no respect for The Man militia types. no banjo ladyhands with those cats, hardcore fiddlers and twangers

x-be-jealous

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 18:13 Quote
Here's one for ya'll.

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 16:59 Quote
is anyone going up to silver star tomorrow that might be able to give me a ride?

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 at 0:25 Quote
garnet556 wrote:
is anyone going up to silver star tomorrow that might be able to give me a ride?

no.

Posted: Jul 22, 2012 at 20:58 Quote
Went all XB today.
(No, I didn't pedal up Snake pit)
After some DH runs on Sat. and longer lift lines than I have ever seen I decide to ride the small bike up to the top of Paradise and Dag's to take in some racing.
After a few "dude you know the chair is open?" looks I watched some rock garden slaying then did a Challenger/Super Star lap down to the the finish of the course.
Great chill day here in middle earth. :Cool :

Posted: Jul 22, 2012 at 21:02 Quote
yesterday: ridez friends beer and good timez
today: chorez & chillage at the Gnarcave

saw rain pour down and cloudy on one side of the house. sunny and dry on the other side. bizarro weather trip

decided that Plan A (picking cherries standing on a metal ladder in a lightning storm) was a very bad idea, health & safety committee rejected my endeavours

plan B: wine and a nap

Posted: Jul 22, 2012 at 21:07 Quote
I was is awe at how many mouth breathers where standing under trees today during the thunder/lightning storm. Sure it was raining, but really people?!?! Facepalm

Posted: Jul 22, 2012 at 22:27 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
I was is awe at how many mouth breathers where standing under trees today during the thunder/lightning storm. Sure it was raining, but really people?!?! Facepalm
Chance of getting hit by lightening, .001% or something.
Chance of getting soaking wet when raining big fuqking drops of water as was the case today, 100%
I was under a tent but I would stand under a tree.
Imagine how dumb you would feel if you got hit while out the middle of a field while your friends were dry under a tree.lol

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 7:33 Quote
nato wrote:
freerydscott wrote:
Chance of getting hit by lightening, .001% or something.
Chance of getting soaking wet when raining big fuqking drops of water as was the case today, 100%
I was under a tent but I would stand under a tree.
Imagine how dumb you would feel if you got hit while out the middle of a field while your friends were dry under a tree.lol

i think the 'dont stand under a tree thing originates in Saskatchewan.'

But the odds of being hit by lightening is better than 1 in 500000 and out of that they are 80% better for a man. I do know someone who was hit by lightening.

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 8:54 Quote
Chance of getting soaked if you have enough brains to look at a weather report, or even just bring a jacket or umbrella when spending a day in the mountains 0%Blank Stare

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 9:34 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
Chance of getting soaked if you have enough brains to look at a weather report, or even just bring a jacket or umbrella when spending a day in the mountains 0%Blank Stare

not checking the weather forecast prior to leaving for the mountains = fail

and:

"standing under a tree in a thunderstorm is probably the action you mention that has the biggest problem. Trees are often the tallest objects around and contain many pointy tips. The electric field is strongest near the pointed tip of an electrical conductor, and so trees often make for great targets for lightning strikes. Trees don't always conduct electricity as well as you do, since people are made mostly out of saltwater. The current from a lightning strike may leave the tree and jump over to you and follow your body on its way to the ground".

best strategy during a lightning storm is to lie prone in the grass in an open area. who was doing that, eh...?

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 12:43 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
freerydscott wrote:

and:

"standing under a tree in a thunderstorm is probably the action you mention that has the biggest problem. Trees are often the tallest objects around and contain many pointy tips. The electric field is strongest near the pointed tip of an electrical conductor, and so trees often make for great targets for lightning strikes. Trees don't always conduct electricity as well as you do, since people are made mostly out of saltwater. The current from a lightning strike may leave the tree and jump over to you and follow your body on its way to the ground".

best strategy during a lightning storm is to lie prone in the grass in an open area. who was doing that, eh...?

somehow gnar i can see you doing that.

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 15:30 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
gnarbar wrote:
freerydscott wrote:

and:

somehow gnar i can see you doing that.
Mental image of Rich humping the ground while lightening cracks over head.lol lol lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025139
Mobile Version of Website