Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: May 28, 2017 at 22:06 Quote
Yeah I see that with tombstone. Walked down Pali Gap on 1 of the trail days and that's a grind climbing up for sure.
Big Ed is incredible, bit wet still deep in the trees. Get off and walk the bike around for sure in those sections.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 8:37 Quote
Walk the Chunder? But that's the best part.

Pro tip: just pick a new line, left or right of the actual trail. Best option is the most direct. Strava approved. Drag brake heavily to ensure threading is permenant.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 10:07 Quote
why no 29er's in the EWS top 10? Industry says they are faster.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 10:29 Quote
Sam Hill was 2nd place, this weekend and is like killing it in the overall, he's like a hand full of points back on 1_$t place In points. He will clinch the overall and go down as greatest MTB racer in history.

Only racer to win 3 world Champs in DH and a Enduro World Series, all on flats.

Peatty never even won World Champs.

29" ain't faster, these riders are sellout schills, ride anything their sponsors tell them to.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
Xb think you need to stay awake in your history class. Peaty has won world champs in 2009.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 13:23 Quote
pureadrenalin wrote:
Xb think you need to stay awake in your history class. Peaty has won world champs in 2009.

You need to reLearn what history means bud, world Champs, and world cup overall points leader is 2 totally different things bud. And Peatty has never been, or will ever be World Champ... Because clips.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 13:26 Quote
Ok Googled it finally, you know the 2009 world Champs thing is a huge internet Hoax right?

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 14:25 Quote
XB is correct. Sponsored riders ride whatever the sponsor tells them to ride. The new (insert latest here) always feels so much more dialed that the perivous one. Can't go by what you read or watch coming from the MTB hype machine. Ride the new stuff and make you own conclusions.

My conclusions on plus tire hartails.
Super fun going down. Point and rip good times. Great for shoulder season muck and winter riding. However just to much tire going uphill when dry and 30 degrees out. 2.5's will be going back on for the summer and the 2.8's will return in the fall for snow riding. This is 7 months real world testing. Not Pinkbike forum speculation or expert articles about plus. Just the facts.

Oh yeah. Details on new Ibis HD4 dropping tomorrow. Looks really good. To late though, Slayer is already in the house.

Silver/Black/Lime looks killer.

photo

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 15:44 Quote
I told you guys. Nice to finally see reason in here. They will straighten out the course to help sell bikes.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 17:08 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:

Bros. please.

Industry says 29er are faster for DH.

For EWS, 27.5 is king.

If you are going to read the hype machine, at least pay attention.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 18:20 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:

Bros. please.

For EWS, 27.5 is king.

Shut YOUR dirty Whore mouth!

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 20:27 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:

Bros. please.

For EWS, 27.5 is king.

Shut YOUR dirty Whore mouth!

Fill it with Deez Nuts first.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
153mm rear travel= fail....

And that water bottle does not fit, compress shock = crush bottle...

Big release much disappoint, major fail.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 11:11 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
153mm rear travel= fail....

And that water bottle does not fit, compress shock = crush bottle...

Big release much disappoint, major fail.

It looks really nice but other than 1 degree slacker than what I have now and boost it's not much different than my HD3. Not worth swapping. I would also say it will climb worse at 64.9 degrees HA. Less AM more downduro.
So be it. Have to cater to the EWS.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018964
Mobile Version of Website