Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 10:54 Quote
2 people have died riding Whistler bike park that I know of... 1) on Crab Apple hits way before they were huge and 2) just a couple of years ago a guy on a fairly straightforward but steep downhill section.

It's a dangerous game for sure, people try not to think about it or "take it kinda easy" but it doesn't make you immune to injury... Be aware, and realize you don't have to do every feature or ride what some pro is riding and you are a little bit safer anyways....

XB's been mangled enough times on the bike, and he's sure it will happen again, unless he gets right out the game. Not an option thou-bro : Bikes is life, take that away all that's left is bird watching and drinking beer, which ain't half bad.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 10:57 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
2 people have died riding Whistler bike park that I know of... 1) on Crab Apple hits way before they were huge and 2) just a couple of years ago a guy on a fairly straightforward but steep downhill section.

It's a dangerous game for sure, people try not to think about it or "take it kinda easy" but it doesn't make you immune to injury... Be aware, and realize you don't have to do every feature or ride what some pro is riding and you are a little bit safer anyways....

XB's been mangled enough times on the bike, and he's sure it will happen again, unless he gets right out the game. Not an option thou-bro : Bikes is life, take that away all that's left is bird watching and drinking beer, which ain't half bad.

TLDR but Thanks for mentioning my Mr. Rogers Meme..

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 11:07 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

TLDR but Thanks for mentioning my Mr. Rogers Meme..

Sorry, it was kinda funny... But yah thought we were still on serious tip...

XB is pumped for Saturday... See you up there Freeride Scotty? Do a loop?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 16:13 Quote
Back in Alberta for a while. Won't be back till end of July at the earliest, right when the trails are nice and dusty and the brake bumps are finally starting to shape up properly.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 18:47 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
Back in Alberta for a while. Won't be back till end of July at the earliest, right when the trails are nice and dusty and the brake bumps are finally starting to shape up properly.

Ok , cool.... I saw something​ on trail forks you posted and thought you were home... See you in July then Holmes.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 19:35 Quote
Xb, come stay at the ranch for a few days. No line ups to deal with, and some great riding around

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 19:38 Quote
That goes for others too, just not the 2nd weekend in august the sham beats get pretty noisy here.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 19:52 Quote
pureadrenalin wrote:
Xb, come stay at the ranch for a few days. No line ups to deal with, and some great riding around

Kamloops @#BikeRanch?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 19:55 Quote
ridayobike wrote:

Ok , cool.... I saw something​ on trail forks you posted and thought you were home... See you in July then Holmes.

Was home for about a minute last week, got a few rides in. Shoulda made it to the group ride on Thursday but bailed do to sketchy weather...

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 19:56 Quote
The koot ranch, loops ranch is too played with tricycles an training wheels

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 20:01 Quote
pureadrenalin wrote:
The koot ranch, loops ranch is too played with tricycles an training wheels

Ok , Koots you say hey

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 20:04 Quote
But bring passport also, really good trail just across the border here. Also cheap beer so thats a plus.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 20:22 Quote
pureadrenalin wrote:
But bring passport also, really good trail just across the border here. Also cheap beer so thats a plus.

Crazy Salmo----> States trip who woulda thunk it... Sounds fun.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 20:30 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
pureadrenalin wrote:

Crazy Salmo----> States trip who woulda thunk it... Sounds fun.

ITS GRIDLOCK MON

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 15:55 Quote
Honest Ed group ride. Full on! Search and Rescue was there last year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022548
Mobile Version of Website