Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 18:12 Quote
Intense is going consumer direct.
CEO says it's an advantage to shops that "get it".

So 2 questions : why are u burdening ur LBS with stocking so much bike inventory & why do u frequent a shop that doesn't "get it" ?

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 18:26 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

So 2 questions : why are u burdening ur LBS with stocking so much bike inventory & why do u frequent a shop that doesn't "get it" ?

I have a buddy who own core north and he is now competing with his supplier. the only thing that may be an advantage is if people buy the bike direct then he will charge for assembly and hopefully get any maintenance later. I will bet that intense goes the way of Iron Horse in a few years and that will be that.

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 19:31 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

I have a buddy who own core north and he is now competing with his supplier. the only thing that may be an advantage is if people buy the bike direct then he will charge for assembly and hopefully get any maintenance later. I will bet that intense goes the way of Iron Horse in a few years and that will be that.

You may want to let your buddy know his website needs a lot of work. Lots of links not working.

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 21:38 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

You may want to let your buddy know his website needs a lot of work. Lots of links not working.

Oops. Kore North. Thank you iPhone.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 9:30 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

How would you call it a bike shop if it had no bikes... And we are not all wanna be pro weekend warriors like us. There's lots of casuals that go in to buy a bike and ride a couple times of year then hang in their garage. They want to touch it, feel it, and take it for a spin... Looking at Geo numbers online doesn't help casuals much.

But you never really thought that far did you, you Sheeple do what ever Intense, Trek head honchos tell you to do... LBS ain't going anywhere soon, and good luck with your 2 month turn around getting your bike going when sh#t really goes down, XB up and running in 1 day everyday.

Brick & Mortar!

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 18:57 Quote
How f*cking pompous of you. To assume that you more about the bike industry than Jeff Steber. He has been at this game for as long a dual suspension aluminum was a thing. He and foes built the backbone of the domestic MTB industry.... but ya, sure ... xb and some guys from a bike shop that doesn't get it, clearly knows more than a founding father.

Respect ur roots boi .

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 19:00 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
How f*cking pompous of you. To assume that you more about the bike industry than Jeff Steber. He has been at this game for as long a dual suspension aluminum was a thing. He and foes built the backbone of the domestic MTB industry.... but ya, sure ... xb and some guys from a bike shop that doesn't get it, clearly knows more than a founding father.

Respect ur roots boi .

You know the majority if the industry and sales is on the cheap $1000 and under bikes right. Intense is such a tiny part of the overall market they have no clue bro... Ever heard of the 100mile diet... There's a 100 km bike ring... Support local bro, worry about your neighbors and not what's make believe happening online on your stupid Facebook feed.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 19:39 Quote
That "industry" that you are quoting is also represented by big box, department store, china made POS.

Not counting kids bikes, sub 500$ bikes from big box stores represent the vast majority of sales.... steber is the MTB u identify with. He challenged your uninformed ideals, that makes u uncomfortable as a man... I get it.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 19:48 Quote
Grammar, punctuation, and missing words has made your post unreadable. Please edit and X-B may re read later.

Hack

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 19:52 Quote
So fatigued from sick sled shredding. Proving my point to the internet means nothing. Today I have seen Valhalla.

U wouldn't get it.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 19:55 Quote
Haha, just worry about keeping your Skud running bud, the rest of the industry has switched to the new standard; Arctic Cat, out works Doo.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 20:03 Quote
i would imagine the Yamaha version is sic too. But ...I support domestic manufacturing. Keep Canada strong.

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 10:33 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
i would imagine the Yamaha version is sic too. But ...I support domestic manufacturing. Keep Canada strong.

Please change your screen name to: #HugeHypocrit ... You support Canada made sleds, but buy a European online only french speaking bike brand, and encourage others to do so. Your so confused bro, your credit card and bank manager probably has 1 eye brow raised at you right now.

YOUR
HACK

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 17:38 Quote
Devinchi was the last domestically manufactured bike... before carbon that is.

Now they pretty much just build bixi bikes. And farm out the carbon the low prices of Asia.

So not really sure what ur trying to say here... most of the parts on both our bikes likely can from the same region in china.

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 17:44 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Devinchi was the last domestically manufactured bike... before carbon that is.

Now they pretty much just build bixi bikes. And farm out the carbon the low prices of Asia.

So not really sure what ur trying to say here... most of the parts on both our bikes likely can from the same region in china.

Look closely at 2/3 of the parts on your treasured Skud bud, says Vietnam etc. on the majority of them...

There is still lots of good Canadian Bike companies to support bro... At least they support some Canadian jobs... Buying your French crap online is basically just lining Gary Fishers pockets, and buying more hipster mustache wax for him.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019528
Mobile Version of Website