How do you get the rear tire off a demo 8

PB Forum :: Downhill
How do you get the rear tire off a demo 8
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 4:00 Quote
Like it says in the title I can't seem to get my rear wheel off or know how to the back bolt seem really hard to turn please give some advice

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 7:04 Quote
What year is it? Did you loosen the pinch bolts before trying to remove the axle?

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 7:44 Quote
Loosen the pinch bolts above the axle...then undo the axle...should be that simple. Keep an eye out for washers or shims other axle as well, and reinstall them accordingly.

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 8:49 Quote
Oh dang is that the 2 bolts on top of the derailleur hanger?

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 8:52 Quote
Yes sir...download yourself a Specialized Manual, it'll help you out lol.

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 8:58 Quote
No problemo man...enjoy the ride!

Posted: Mar 8, 2015 at 4:01 Quote
Took her out yeaterday totally a beast at the bike park it dose great at the park! But it's a bit slippery in the bums in the rear got look into tire pressure there.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
megadethe99 wrote:
Took her out yeaterday totally a beast at the bike park it dose great at the park! But it's a bit slippery in the bums in the rear got look into tire pressure there.

Long shot since the thread is 4 years old, running into the same problem as you. Think you could PM me with the steps?

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
There are 2 pintch bolts on the top of the derailleur. You loosen them up as they hold the axle in place as a fail safe. And then you should grease up the axle after as mine years ago was dry as hell and that was the issue.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011056
Mobile Version of Website