2015 Boxxer Team Upgrade

PB Forum :: Downhill
2015 Boxxer Team Upgrade
Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 20:00 Quote
What does the air spring kit weigh? Guessing 50grams, so from the 300gram weight of the coil, what's the actual weight saving once converted?

Posted: Dec 1, 2015 at 18:27 Quote
My boxxer rc with an elka damper and the air spring and an answer dm stem is 2820g

Posted: Dec 2, 2015 at 8:48 Quote
Just wondering I have got 2015 boxxer teams and weight 82kg with full kit, so according to the rockshox website I should use the red medium spring.

However even with the yellow soft I am getting around 20% sag?

Has anyone else found this with these springs?

Posted: Dec 2, 2015 at 12:15 Quote
davidtaylor2 wrote:
Just wondering I have got 2015 boxxer teams and weight 82kg with full kit, so according to the rockshox website I should use the red medium spring.

sag doesn't mean much. I weigh the same and go between a blue and red.

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 13:17 Quote
I weigh 75 kg and am running a firm Spring. I don't think I could go to medium.

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 at 3:03 Quote
I have a 2015 rc and am looking for a charger damper for it, does any one have a link, sorry if this has already been asked Smile
Cheers jays

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 at 5:10 Quote
Probikeshop were selling them

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 0:24 Quote
https://www.bike-components.de/en/RockShox/Charger-Upgrade-Kit-fuer-BoXXer-ab-Modell-2010-p39656/

One of the best places to buy parts from, shipping is about 15€ but probably still cheaper than buying somewhere else.

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 1:32 Quote
davidtaylor2 wrote:

how many preload spacers are you running?

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 2:27 Quote
I needed a yellow spring to get 25-30% sag, when I was in my basement setting up the fork. But when I was actually using the fork I was back and forth between the red and blue spring. I'm 180lbs

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 6:01 Quote
mgill wrote:
I needed a yellow spring to get 25-30% sag, when I was in my basement setting up the fork. But when I was actually using the fork I was back and forth between the red and blue spring. I'm 180lbs
are you my twin? Hahaha

Posted: May 11, 2016 at 21:47 Quote
its possible to make a 2015 Boxxer RC to World Cup with the solo air spring upgrade kit?

O+
Posted: May 11, 2016 at 22:45 Quote
elias1014 wrote:
its possible to make a 2015 Boxxer RC to World Cup with the solo air spring upgrade kit?

You can convert it to air if it's not been used with the coil (the Coil scratches the insides of the fork).

But just being air isn't a world cup, you would need the charger damper too which is a much better upgrade than just the air side.

Posted: May 12, 2016 at 5:59 Quote
spudlord wrote:
elias1014 wrote:

You can convert it to air if it's not been used with the coil (the Coil scratches the insides of the fork).

But just being air isn't a world cup, you would need the charger damper too which is a much better upgrade than just the air side.
nah, I did mine this season after riding it all last season with a coil in it and it's fine. It would be hard to ruin the insides enough for the solo air cartridge to not work.

Posted: May 12, 2016 at 6:03 Quote
makripper wrote:
spudlord wrote:
elias1014 wrote:

nah, I did mine this season after riding it all last season with a coil in it and it's fine. It would be hard to ruin the insides enough for the solo air cartridge to not work.

What he said

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011352
Mobile Version of Website