2015 Boxxer Team Upgrade

PB Forum :: Downhill
2015 Boxxer Team Upgrade
| Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2016 at 8:04 Quote
As I have said several times before I have converted 2 of my personal forks to air that were 2+ seasons old and my buddy has done 3 and either of us has had a single problem.

Posted: May 12, 2016 at 16:23 Quote
I bought a used r2c2 and put the air spring in it. It was well used and I was a hack when I put it in and it held air for about 30hrs ride time and I'd have to add 5-10psi.

The next one was a bit of grease on the rubber seals and no leaking air (same air kit)

Now I have a rc converted to air with an elka cart. 2+seasons. No issues

Posted: May 12, 2016 at 19:05 Quote
mgill wrote:
I bought a used r2c2 and put the air spring in it. It was well used and I was a hack when I put it in and it held air for about 30hrs ride time and I'd have to add 5-10psi.

The next one was a bit of grease on the rubber seals and no leaking air (same air kit)

last gen or this gen solo air cartridge? Big difference all around. My 2 last gens sucked and didn't hold air long from factory. Also, w the rockshox pump you loose 5 to 10 psi everytime you disconnect, depending on how fast you are.

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 2:16 Quote
makripper wrote:
mgill wrote:

last gen or this gen solo air cartridge? Big difference all around. My 2 last gens sucked and didn't hold air long from factory. Also, w the rockshox pump you loose 5 to 10 psi everytime you disconnect, depending on how fast you are.

I have the new one now. But I've used all 3. The short top cap and long air spring, the long top cap with bottom out and short air shafts and currently the new one with tokens. As far as the pump thing, I've had the same pump for ever. I lose the air in the hose and guage. There is a 1 way valve at the bottom of the pump and then the Schrader on the fork. It's about 2.5 psi on my pump. The first fork was just beat up and would lose air as I rode it.

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 16:09 Quote
Hi all,

I just picked up a '16 DEMO Alum with a BoXXer RC. I'm changing out the damper to the charger, but also considering the air spring right away too.

I've read through this thread about converting a non-air to an air chamber, but my understanding is that the stanchion is different on the WC. I thought I read some place that the WC stanchion for a SOLO air has port etched in the stanchion.

I've looked through the spare parts list and tube seems to have the same number no matter what fork you own.
https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/3vDAS2u8dUnQjhkuw9_Eif3tMmquSvnJfp5MHi7dFDk/mtime:1452728062/sites/default/files/techdocs/2016_rockshox_spc_revb_0.pdf

It looks like it's just a drop in part.

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 16:26 Quote
UbberBikeGoober wrote:
Hi all,

I just picked up a '16 DEMO Alum with a BoXXer RC. I'm changing out the damper to the charger, but also considering the air spring right away too.

I've read through this thread about converting a non-air to an air chamber, but my understanding is that the stanchion is different on the WC. I thought I read some place that the WC stanchion for a SOLO air has port etched in the stanchion.

I've looked through the spare parts list and tube seems to have the same number no matter what fork you own.
https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/3vDAS2u8dUnQjhkuw9_Eif3tMmquSvnJfp5MHi7dFDk/mtime:1452728062/sites/default/files/techdocs/2016_rockshox_spc_revb_0.pdf

That notch/port in the wall of the stanchions isn't in the boxxers, they've only done that on single crown forks so far like pikes, revs and lyriks. It's the same stanchion on coil and air boxxers and they use an air piston that equalises the chambers.

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 18:18 Quote
spudlord wrote:
UbberBikeGoober wrote:
Hi all,

Just what I needed t0 hear, Thank you.

That notch/port in the wall of the stanchions isn't in the boxxers, they've only done that on single crown forks so far like pikes, revs and lyriks. It's the same stanchion on coil and air boxxers and they use an air piston that equalises the chambers.

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 11:09 Quote
UbberBikeGoober wrote:
spudlord wrote:
UbberBikeGoober wrote:
Hi all,

Just what I needed t0 hear, Thank you.

Oh this only counts with the black stanchion version FYI back when they were gold it may vary

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 12:19 Quote
Thx for the side note. Mine are black.

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 8:23 Quote
I used a well used coil stanchion on a 08 world cup, to replace a worn out stanchion. This was over a year ago and as far as i know, still working trouble free. Just make sure it has no deep scratches.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 15:06 Quote
Run coil blah blah blah I like the mid stroke support because it keeps the ride hight up and stops diving while keeping the LSC a little less because I like the feel of a little less LSC over all.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
Any of you here break the wavy washer in the solo air spring and look into upgrading the air spring somehow instead of just replacing that washer (only to have it break again later) and actually have success? I have a 2015 WC solo air...want a better spring solution than one that will break like this so often... Also see no coil conversion kit for the WC chassis... See no other air spring option to upgrade to (debonair...?) UGH.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010193
Mobile Version of Website