Bearings for YT Industries Capra: Sizing and Source

PB Forum :: Tutorials
Bearings for YT Industries Capra: Sizing and Source
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2015 at 12:54 Quote
Took me a while to track this information down and confirm with YT. They were very helpful and have confirmed everything below. I thought I'd post it in case anyone else is trying to find the info.

Bearing sizes (with YT industries codes for bearings)

Note the YT industries exploded diagram for the Capra has an incorrect size for the Horst Link bearing (they are going to change it)

Front linkage Bearing 7902
7902 - 2RS 15 x 28 x 7mm
Rear Linkage Bearing
609 - 2RS 9 x 24 x 7mm
Main Pivot Bearing
61903 - 2RS 17 x 30 x 7mm
Horst Link Bearing
398V - 2RS 8 x 19 x 10 x 11mm

YT have confirmed that the correct bearings from Enduro Bearings are the following codes

Enduro 6902 2RS Max : 15 x 28 x 7mm
Enduro 609 2RS : 9 x 24 x 7mm
Enduro 6903 2RS Max : 17 x 30 x 7mm
Enduro 398 2RS Max: 8 x 19 x 10 x 11mm or 398 LLU Max E : 8 x 19 x 10 x 11mm

(The Horst Link is NOT an 8x19x9 bearing which is what was on the exploded diagram at the time of this post)
See email below.

I know I should grow up but I love the way CEO translates into German: Geschäftsführer: Markus Flossmann

Daniel (YT Industries)
Mar 18, 09:20
Good morning Steve,
wonderful! I do appreciate it very much.
Have a nice day.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
best regards,
Daniel

Steve Baxter
Mar 17, 14:35
Great reply. Really helpful. Clear answer and exactly the information I need. Thanks.
Steve

Steve Baxter.
(sent from mobile phone)

Daniel (YT Industries)
Mar 17, 14:21
Hi again Steve,
so now I have the needed information.
The horst link 398 bearing has definitely following measurements:
8 x 19 x 10/11mm
At the exploded drawing is a mistake and will be corrected soon.
Thank you for this attention.
We do not use angular contact bearings anywhere as well as extended inner races bearings.
I can confirm that all the bearings on the photos are definitely the bearings which you need.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
For further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
best regards,
Daniel

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 14:50 Quote
Nice, good find on the drawimg error.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 13:07 Quote
Hi Steve,
where did you purchase your bearings from?

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 2:16 Quote
Can someone post me the link to the exploded drawing for the Capra please?

Cheers, Andy

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 7:55 Quote
andymac007 wrote:
Can someone post me the link to the exploded drawing for the Capra please?

Cheers, Andy
i'm not the only one who can't find it then !!

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 12:12 Quote
Exploded Drawing for YT Industries Capra: Link

http://www.yt-industries.com/media/pdf/CAPRA_CF_Exploded_Drawing.pdf

This drawing is on the Capra page at YT under the downloads heading at the bottom of the page ... not all that hard to spot ... can't be if I found it ;-) ... It now includes the correct Horst link bearing size which has an extended inner race. It is the only extended inner race bearing in the Capra set according to YT and none of the bearings are angular contact type. Once you have found bearings of the correct size, buy the ones which are suspension pivot bearings i.e. with loads of balls, thick grease and definitely not ceramic (I wondered whether these might be less corrosion prone but the consensus seems to be that they are no good for high load bearings as they are not up to the hammering they get).

I haven't actually bought any bearings other than the Horst link ones which I bought as spares since my experience on previous bikes is that the horst link bearings are small and have a very hard life in the UK. I bought them from http://wychbearings.co.uk/ but there are plenty of online retailers and all you have to do is google the Enduro bearing code.

For the Horst link, especially in the UK: the Enduro LL type bearing is the one to go for I would guess. It seems to have a more fancy seal type (i.e.I believed the spiel telling me how great they are) than the more standard 2RS (which stands for 2 rubber seals) and may stand up to good old British weather a bit better.

Happy riding all and hope this info saves a bit of time

Steve.

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 12:57 Quote
steviebaxter wrote:
Exploded Drawing for YT Industries Capra: Link

http://www.yt-industries.com/media/pdf/CAPRA_CF_Exploded_Drawing.pdf

This drawing is on the Capra page at YT under the downloads heading at the bottom of the page ... not all that hard to spot ... can't be if I found it ;-) ...

Steve.
Lol, it ain't on my tab mate ,no downloads on there at all.
Thanks for posting Smile Smile

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 13:21 Quote
steviebaxter wrote:
Took me a while to track this information down and confirm with YT. They were very helpful and have confirmed everything below. I thought I'd post it in case anyone else is trying to find the info.

Bearing sizes (with YT industries codes for bearings)

Note the YT industries exploded diagram for the Capra has an incorrect size for the Horst Link bearing (they are going to change it)

Front linkage Bearing 7902
7902 - 2RS 15 x 28 x 7mm
Rear Linkage Bearing
609 - 2RS 9 x 24 x 7mm
Main Pivot Bearing
61903 - 2RS 17 x 30 x 7mm
Horst Link Bearing
398V - 2RS 8 x 19 x 10 x 11mm

YT have confirmed that the correct bearings from Enduro Bearings are the following codes

Enduro 6902 2RS Max : 15 x 28 x 7mm
Enduro 609 2RS : 9 x 24 x 7mm
Enduro 6903 2RS Max : 17 x 30 x 7mm
Enduro 398 2RS Max: 8 x 19 x 10 x 11mm or 398 LLU Max E : 8 x 19 x 10 x 11mm

(The Horst Link is NOT an 8x19x9 bearing which is what was on the exploded diagram at the time of this post)
See email below.

I know I should grow up but I love the way CEO translates into German: Geschäftsführer: Markus Flossmann

Daniel (YT Industries)
Mar 18, 09:20
Good morning Steve,
wonderful! I do appreciate it very much.
Have a nice day.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
best regards,
Daniel

Steve Baxter
Mar 17, 14:35
Great reply. Really helpful. Clear answer and exactly the information I need. Thanks.
Steve

Steve Baxter.
(sent from mobile phone)

Daniel (YT Industries)
Mar 17, 14:21
Hi again Steve,
so now I have the needed information.
The horst link 398 bearing has definitely following measurements:
8 x 19 x 10/11mm
At the exploded drawing is a mistake and will be corrected soon.
Thank you for this attention.
We do not use angular contact bearings anywhere as well as extended inner races bearings.
I can confirm that all the bearings on the photos are definitely the bearings which you need.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
For further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
best regards,
Daniel

Thanks for this. I need to replace my front contact bearing, however the comment about no angular contact bearings doesn't tally with the response below on the 7902;

The 7902 is a special ANGULAR CONTACT
version of the 6902 bearing.
It is only to be used on a hub or other component

Should the front linkage be 6902 then?

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
He also says they don't use extended inner races on their bearings, yet 2 of them listed have extended inner races and I most definitely have some extended inner race bearings fitted in my frame. This doesn't add up! I also have some 7902 rs bearings fitted in my frame.

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 12:33 Quote
Thankfully my frame cracked so they are replacing it,, free new bearings included !!

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 13:28 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
Thankfully my frame cracked so they are replacing it,, free new bearings included !!

Where did it crack?

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 15:22 Quote
Grubbish wrote:
pigman65 wrote:

Where did it crack?

Seat stay /Horst link, sent them pics and was told i needed a new frame, no messing about. Pics on my page.
Woppyman had the same thing

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 2:10 Quote
Hi guys, i took the horst link bearings out without recognizing their position. This extended inner race should face each other, or should face outwards in the frame? Quite hard to buy this bearings in SVK and theyre expensive :/. many thanx for advice

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 15:38 Quote
Just wanted to note that the wrong drawing is still around and got me into buying wrong screws for the horstlink bearing.
If somebody happens to still stumble over this post like me, make sure you get DIN 7991 M5x12 screws instead of M6x16 if you need to replace them.
The M6x16 ones are stated in the wrong exploded drawing
https://us.yt-industries.com/media/pdf/CAPRA_CF_Exploded_Drawing.pdf
Had to replace mine after opening them up once, as the screw head wore out immediately.
Yet I just had a chat with the YT customer support so they might remove the wrong drawing for good now.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012894
Mobile Version of Website