Cannondale ''warranty'' - negative experience

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Cannondale ''warranty'' - negative experience
Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 3:19 Quote
The fact that there are at least 4 other frames with the same crack in the same area would have me questioning whether there's a design flaw or a QC issue?

If I worked in Cannondale's PR department, I'd be all over this like a rash. Get it resolved & look like the good guys. It's obvious this guy isn't trying to take them for a ride.

When you have upcoming brands like YT, offering killer bikes at great prices, the big brands really need to step up their game, back up their products & show us all why we are paying twice as much for their name on the frame.

Edit:

Cannondale warranty service - negative experience

Can I just say that this is an absolute disgraceful attitude to take and I cannot believe that anyone who treats customer's warranty claims with this level of contempt is even employed in that role. Wow!

So they've had multiple returns with the same fault, have warrantied them but claim they were all due to misuse and now won't even look at the OP's frame?

Michael Jackson is still alive indeed.

This guy at the Distributer is doing an awful good job of damaging the big C's brand name.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 6:29 Quote
Clearly they know it's an issue and don't wanna be held accountable.

Don't remove anything! Hold their feet to the fire!

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 7:49 Quote
They asked me to remove the emails that I've posted (not the topic, to be clear)... mails are supposedly copyright protected and I don't want any problems with that.

Anyway, I will be keeping you up to date how it goes. I'm going for a legal advice, hopefully next week, to see what I should do next, because it's obvious I won't achieve anything with regular warranty procedure and doing this thing on my own. They never replied to the questions shown in my first post. I was trying to reach Cdale US, but they keep redirecting me to Cdale EU.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 8:29 Quote
I highly doubt those emails are copyrighted, but I'm not an attorney. Definitely seek some legal advice.

Posted: Apr 2, 2015 at 8:46 Quote
Unfortunately it's too late to remove the emails as there is no way to remove images from Pinkbike, you can put them in the Trash but they still remain for all to see on the site.

I'd imagine 'they' would struggle to prosecute for copyright infringements on these emails as the contents would not generate any form of revenue for the original composer, they're communications rather than literary works, although the one I attached to my post could be considered a joke! Good luck with proving a 4 line email has any significant 'original' skill & labour behind it. Fab

Likewise, when you send an email there can be no expectance that it won't be copied or forwarded due to the very nature of emails themselves. No privacy laws have been broken as there's no personally identifiable information.

I'd try and get this settled, flog the frame and buy a new one from a competitor that stands by their products and doesn't threaten it's customers with Copyright infringement. Wink

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 15:37 Quote
Unbelievable Cannondale, you had the chance to make it right and you suck again!

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 12:55 Quote
Update:
I got a call from my LBS (importer, to be exact) today... they told me that the whole thing is still where it was, as far as Cannondale goes - they're holding to what they said and are not responding to any comments, questions,...

Anyways, I was satisfied with my LBS before this warranty process and they've proved themselves again. They offered me a Claymore (same size I have now) frame from one of their test bikes. It's supposed to be in good condition (haven't seen it yet). I'm very pleased with the offer, as they have eaten the cost on their own decision, Cannondale has nothing to do with it and I also didn't force on LBS much.

I have accepted the offer as I want to end and forget this thing as soon as possible. With other actions (consumer service dep.,...) I would probably only harm my LBS or the whole process would take too long to be justified.

I may add that I'm from a small country (Slovenia), so maybe the market is insignificant for C who just doesn't seem to care. If I would live 20km north (Austria), things may be different.

In the end - a big plus for LBS, the opposite goes for Cdale, who has just lost a customer.

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 13:15 Quote
Been keeping an eye on this thread......... Cannondale has lost more than one customer due to their behaviour, I reckon......... Seems the "crack 'n fail" reputation extends to customer service too. Will defo be avoiding in the future.

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 13:41 Quote
Good on the bike shop, as for Cannondale, I am disgusted by your lack of action. You will never see a single cent from me.

Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 15:37 Quote
Personally, as a result of this thread I will actively be discouraging anyone form purchasing any Cannondale product. Their actions throughout have been disgraceful, especially from what wouldn't have been a terrible cost to them to sort in the first place.

[edit] Your LBS rocks. 10/10 to them for being so good about it all (and I'm guessing that they are going to be ceasing selling Cannondale products pretty soon lol )

Posted: Apr 11, 2015 at 12:23 Quote
Hope you got sorte out dude...this is disgusting but unfortunately the norm...friend of mine had a Jekyll...shock went he paid for it to be done..while the shock was of the bike noticed the rear triangle had started cracking along the welds on the chain stays...phones the warranty department and it the same response as you...a nice big f*ck off not our problem...wankers

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 16:29 Quote
I have a cannondale rz120 full sus its a lovely bike but I'm not massively impressed by the build quality thankfully there's no cracks damage yet but things are starting to go wrong after only a year of hard use. Will have to double check for cracks now just to make sure.Next bike won't be a cannondale after reading think I'll go for something else

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 22:47 Quote
I have had the worst experice getting my 2013 Carbon Jekyll rear triangle warrantied. They declined to honor the lifetime warranty after I noticed a crack on the rear triangle. After making me wait 6 weeks for a deCision they said no and made me pay 500 for a crash replacement. Two weeks later they sent me half the triangle and the incorrect half to boot. I have been two months without my bike and it has maybe a dozen rides. Cannondales customer service is complete shit.

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 11:37 Quote
A little update of my story (better late than never), although nothing new...

Cannondale ended the warranty claim as "solved" and I got nothing from them.

What I did get is a test frame from my LBS, swaped them and sold the bike last month:

Claymore with test frame from LBS

Claymore with test frame from LBS

Salute

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 11:50 Quote
Shame on you Cannondale...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018971
Mobile Version of Website