And then t was over...

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
And then t was over...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 15:26 Quote
I messaged Stuart42 about a hub he was selling, seeing if he was firm on his price.

In his reply, he referred to some hubs as "chinky garbage"...

"Not at that price, it's a swiss made hub, not some chinky garbage.
You can upgrade this hub do direct drive also.
Cheers"

Don't buy off of this guy!

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
Stuart42 used a shitty word. Not sure we can definitely conclude that he must be a racist.

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
People who are racist use words like that.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 1:11 Quote
Clearly a mad racist. Clearly.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 7:35 Quote
What if I dropped the 'N' bomb to describe how black something was?

What if I compared someone's drunken state to that of a native Canadian?

All racist, which ever way it is put. I also have to keep in mind the lack of maturity that exists in the PinkBike community... It's disappointing that in this day and age people still accept this kind of thing.

Racism is racism, however prevalent it is. Your parents should be ashamed of you.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 9:18 Quote
Saying a racist word does not necessarily make that person a racist. It makes them ignorant and offensive and ill-educated, but maybe a "Oi you, that's not acceptable for these reasons..." would be a better place to start than a good old-fashioned internet-shaming.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 12:22 Quote
MonkeyPuzzle wrote:
Saying a racist word does not necessarily make that person a racist. It makes them ignorant and offensive and ill-educated, but maybe a "Oi you, that's not acceptable for these reasons..." would be a better place to start than a good old-fashioned internet-shaming.

You're right.

It's too bad the 'That's not acceptable because... ' didn't work.

This guy needs to be shamed, lessons need to be learned given his parents didn't go well with that.

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 16:17 Quote
Only racists use the word racist

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 1:18 Quote
dirtbrown wrote:
Only racists use the word racist

So you're one?

Posted: Nov 17, 2015 at 20:16 Quote
When I was growing up,going to an in an inner-city school in Toronto, we often used ethnic humour and slang to alleviate tension that might otherwise erupted in violence. Ethnic humour referring to Polocks, n*ggers, Honkys,WOPS,etc often saved the day and all who used this "system" understood its usefulness. In the end, the majority of us got along just fine recognizing that a sense of humour worked better than simply calling someone racist or taking comments personally.

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 16:04 Quote
stoats wrote:
When I was growing up,going to an in an inner-city school in Toronto, we often used ethnic humour and slang to alleviate tension that might otherwise erupted in violence. Ethnic humour referring to Polocks, n*ggers, Honkys,WOPS,etc often saved the day and all who used this "system" understood its usefulness. In the end, the majority of us got along just fine recognizing that a sense of humour worked better than simply calling someone racist or taking comments personally.

This

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 13:51 Quote
dandriller wrote:
I messaged Stuart42 about a hub he was selling, seeing if he was firm on his price.

In his reply, he referred to some hubs as "chinky garbage"...

"Not at that price, it's a swiss made hub, not some chinky garbage.
You can upgrade this hub do direct drive also.
Cheers"

Don't buy off of this guy!

Isn't it xenophobia not racism?

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 5:11 Quote
Yeah i definetly dont support racistism. my entire high school was extremly racist and teachers too. Horrible. Ya this guy should be shamed. Who say this crap over private message. Ignorant as f*ck.

Posted: Oct 30, 2016 at 11:21 Quote
I don't think public shaming is any better than saying "chinky". If somebody uses words you don't like ignore them , it's much better than retaliation imo. Stop being so sensitive, if somebody made an ethnic slur toward me I would laugh and walk away. It's not worth raising my own blood pressure over other people's stupidity.

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 at 21:38 Quote
Unbelievable, your Avatar pic is highly offensive to me and should be removed by a mod. People that use photos like that are all the same and should be labeled as such!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014622
Mobile Version of Website