The 26" street thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" street thread
Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 6:33 Quote
GrunderS wrote:
krystiancameron wrote:
Alloy bars for rigid street riding like drops around 6ft good idea for temporary use like a Month or some thing or should I just ride flow till I get some ns district ?

6ft drops? Pics or it didn't happen

6ft drops at the most but I'm getting a jump bike in trade for my bmx and not sure if it's strong enough and not got any

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 10:50 Quote

this is my bike what do you guys think of the build

2011 last rufus

Brakes /hayes mx2
disc brakes

Break lever / avid speed dial 7s

Bars/ funn full on risers

Grips/ specialized rocas

Stem/truvativ husslefelt

Headset/ chris king no headset

Forks/Marzochi dj 3 2004

Front tire/kenda kinetics

Front hub/ formula dc 21

Front wheel/ alex mx22 rims

Cranks/axiom

Sprocket/macniel swagger 33 tooth

Pedals/ wellgo lu a18

Chain/ sram PC 1

Back tire /kenda kinetics

Back hub / formula dc 22

Back wheel/ alex mx 22

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 11:47 Quote
Nice frame, I haz the same one! Just a suggestion for if you're taller than 5'8", try higher rise bars since the stack measurement is so low and the BB is a bit high (right in the middle ground between DJ and street, depending on what fork length). Ride that thing to the ground, but slam that rear end tup

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 12:54 Quote
thanks dude sucks i crashed a few days ago badly so i have had to take a few days off which sucks i got infected cuts and road rash on my knee and elbow plus i slammed down onto my knee in the sharp rocks with my pedals pushing into my knee brusing it and sticking in to it this is why i want plastics and im going to wear my knee/shin pads for now on

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 4:55 Quote
Guys. Odd question but are U brake bosses and V brake bosses the same diameter? Only asking as I've been given the go-ahead to build a pure flatland bike by the misses (getting a bigger place)

So the plans to get a 24" bmx spaced frame like a capital, run front & rear brakes via gyro etc and 4 pegs. I want rim brakes front and rear as the issues with when I pegged the Babah was that I kept catching my foot on the rotors when doing tricks.

Also, any good U brake suggestions?

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
You want a u-brake? I've got the stock one that came on my eastern bike, pm me and you can have it for free it's taking space from my parts box

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 5:36 Quote
jespinal wrote:
You want a u-brake? I've got the stock one that came on my eastern bike, pm me and you can have it for free it's taking space from my parts box

If it's the tektro one, it sucks.

Odyssey evo 2 is a really good brake, dia compe hombre is good too (I run that) and odyssey springfield, although some people have issues with the spring snapping.

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 8:10 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
Guys. Odd question but are U brake bosses and V brake bosses the same diameter? Only asking as I've been given the go-ahead to build a pure flatland bike by the misses (getting a bigger place)

So the plans to get a 24" bmx spaced frame like a capital, run front & rear brakes via gyro etc and 4 pegs. I want rim brakes front and rear as the issues with when I pegged the Babah was that I kept catching my foot on the rotors when doing tricks.

Also, any good U brake suggestions?

I don't know if the mounts are the same size but they're in totally different places in relation to the rim:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/images/vbrake-overallsm.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.firstflightbikes.com/_borders/IbisTrialBrake.JPG

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 9:15 Quote
I know they are in different positions however I am going to be using a rebate fork which has strap on mounts so can position them where I want so that's no issue.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
Finally got to build up my Streetsweeper this morning. So psyched to ride!
New Streetsweeper Build

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 14:06 Quote
Id lower that for to about 70 or 80mm. Looks good otherwise.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 17:01 Quote
He may find his bars too low then.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 17:44 Quote
Deity streetsweeper v2 custom 15mm pegable axel.

Favorite street/park ride to date. Would like to know what people think.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 19:35 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
He may find his bars too low then.
So get taller bars. That geo is whack with that tall of a fork. Eric recommends an 80mm and no more than 100mm on the Crypt, even. A2C wise that fork is like 490, pretty tall. Just sayin. If it feels good, ride it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2015 at 4:43 Quote
I appreciate the recommendations guys. This is a completely new type of riding for me and just wanted to see what it felt like before I dropped the fork down.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011853
Mobile Version of Website