which do you like better for dh single crown, double crown, or lefty forks?

PB Forum :: Downhill
which do you like better for dh single crown, double crown, or lefty forks?
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
hotdogprooo wrote:
get manitou travis in a 204 mm it's single crown and has more travel than a boxxer or 888

OOOhhhh, I wonder if he realizes that 204 mm is Exactly 8" of travel.

same as a 888

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
dmadness wrote:
hotdogprooo wrote:
get manitou travis in a 204 mm it's single crown and has more travel than a boxxer or 888

OOOhhhh, I wonder if he realizes that 204 mm is Exactly 8" of travel.

same as a 888

888s are 203. The travis is 203.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:18 Quote
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:
hotdogprooo wrote:

Thought about reliability? There is no way i'd trust any 200mm SC with 1 1/8" steerer, let alone a manitou one!!!!

They come in 1.5

Yeah but not many people have 1.5 still...... I would consider some 200mm SC's at 1.5, but hesitate at manitou, their business ethics/current reliabiltity leave nothing to be desired.....

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:18 Quote
I DONT SEE WHY YOU WOULD GET A LEFTY FORK i would go with the usual double crowned fork for down hill because there more strong and reliabl;e and they are easy to adjust.
Single crown is for like xc and dj.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
203 mm, 20.3 cm, 0.203m, 0.222003 Yd, 0 feet 8", apperantly my trade Calculator Doesn't know the differance between converting a mm into is subsecquent inch

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

Thought about reliability? There is no way i'd trust any 200mm SC with 1 1/8" steerer, let alone a manitou one!!!!

They come in 1.5

Yeah but not many people have 1.5 still...... I would consider some 200mm SC's at 1.5, but hesitate at manitou, their business ethics/current reliabiltity leave nothing to be desired.....

Hopefully Manitou will regain some status now that Hayes has them.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 16:20 Quote
sherbet wrote:
theoutpost wrote:
sherbet wrote:

They come in 1.5

Hopefully Manitou will regain some status now that Hayes has them.

Yeah, only time will tell....

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 7:08 Quote
so i guess dual crown wins, thats the one i was expecting but i just decided to ask. ive seen several people using a lefty for some serious downhill trails thoughBeer

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
hey, i'm thinking about getting into DH. the bike i will probably be using is a norco a-line/shore. what's the difference between the two?
anyway, i'm a newbie with racing and was just wondering if i would be better off with single crown or dual to start into dh?

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
hey, i'm thinking about getting into DH. the bike i will probably be using is a norco a-line/shore. what's the difference between the two?
anyway, i'm a newbie with racing and was just wondering if i would be better off with single crown or dual to start into dh?
get the aline the shore is more of a freeride

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
Aline is literally a toned down DH team. The Shore is made for Shore riding, freeride and such. It depends on the terrain around your house. Is what you ride tech, smooth, huge, or what?

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
well around my house it's hills but i do have another bike i could use for fartin' around and the a-line for DH racing.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
personally i like the feel of single crowns better. But u guess that DC look kinda better and more pro. you can go either way with the SC and DC. But who the hell would seriously race with a lefty. like if you put pressure on the left on a sharp turn it would like crack right off seriously like wtf hahah

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
haro357 wrote:
personally i like the feel of single crowns better. But u guess that DC look kinda better and more pro. you can go either way with the SC and DC. But who the hell would seriously race with a lefty. like if you put pressure on the left on a sharp turn it would like crack right off seriously like wtf hahah

i know lefty's for DH? i can see them for all mountain and xc...but DH you gotta be retarted. i'd love to see the video for that retard who attempts dh with lefty fork

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
If someone races with a lefty..... I want to see a vid

hahaha yeah lefty's get my vote and so does the moron who attemps that!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026692
Mobile Version of Website