which do you like better for dh single crown, double crown, or lefty forks?

PB Forum :: Downhill
which do you like better for dh single crown, double crown, or lefty forks?
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
Cedric Gracia rode lefty's in 4x and dual slalom before.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
Cedric Gracia rode lefty's in 4x and dual slalom before.

yeah but you can do 4x and slalom with lefty's. not in FR and DH tho.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

Yes but the fact that it can take insane corners like that only proves that it could potentially work for downhill. Only problem is the travel.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

Yes but the fact that it can take insane corners like that only proves that it could potentially work for downhill. Only problem is the travel.

i dunooo....i still wouldent trust them.they are only what...5 inch susp? sure they can take a heck of a beating but see some of the single crowns out there..that get demolished from dh. in other words...if you want to try it out..post a vid!Wink

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
i dunooo....i still wouldent trust them.they are only what...5 inch susp? sure they can take a heck of a beating but see some of the single crowns out there..that get demolished from dh. in other words...if you want to try it out..post a vid!Wink

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. As for single crowns, well I know that at least two teams here in Quebec run Totems as their forks.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. As for single crowns, well I know that at least two teams here in Quebec run Totems as their forks.

hey, sometimes single crown is enough to get the job done. i'm just sayin ive seen some bad single crowns that come out of a dh run.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
leftys are not meant for 4x!!! i race 4x, and i know that i would snap one of those things after 1 season! there is a reason why cannondale specs them only on their sub 6 in travel bikes. while they do have great advantages- tire clearance, weight..., they are not built to handle the pounding that 4x dishes out.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
yeah yeah So I meet's this Guy See..... and HE goes "hey kid, Wanna buy a lefty ?? special today 2 for 1"... and i'm like 'hmmm 2 lefty's mounted side by side.. that might Take a dh beating, but then theres the whole "mono" head tube issue... Damn!!

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
Alos Arron Chase used a lefty fork in park. Watch the movie superheroes 2 and you see him using it in there. He rides Cannondale

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:52 Quote
the lefty was a gimmick to sell more bikes to dumb americans

cannondale paid chase to ride it.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
the lefty was a gimmick to sell more bikes to dumb americans

cannondale paid chase to ride it.

i hate those forks sooo much.

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 20:31 Quote
the main kind of riding i do is a-line, dirt merchant, and freighttrain, and some little technical but not to much. so should i get single or doubles

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.158573
Mobile Version of Website