Dream dj bike

| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 9:54 Quote
p3dirtjumpernz wrote:
lol I only used that seat because I have it on my bike and it's fine. It's not very heavy and it's pretty comfy.
I don't barspin so I don't have to worry about it cutting up the insides of my knees Razz

This one isn't heavy


Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 9:54 Quote
p3dirtjumpernz wrote:
lol I only used that seat because I have it on my bike and it's fine. It's not very heavy and it's pretty comfy.
I don't barspin so I don't have to worry about it cutting up the insides of my knees Razz

but it's gunna break cuz it's an Eastern, DUH.


loljk.

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 9:56 Quote
Yeah, I first saw a carbon rimset on Christian Wright's bike. He's sponsored by like 20 companies somehow.. but it was just so... SwAggiN

I would be paranoid and have an extra 20psi in the tubes too...... lol (i think I was joking when I said I'd get it for a dirt jumper lol ) It's definitely not something for 99.9999% of dirt jumpers around the world.

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 12:25 Quote
theminsta wrote:
+ Instead of aluminium nipples, go tungsten carbide! Light and uber strong!

Do wanna hear more! That's a very interesting material to use.

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 14:19 Quote
sherbet wrote:
theminsta wrote:
+ Instead of aluminium nipples, go tungsten carbide! Light and uber strong!

Do wanna hear more! That's a very interesting material to use.

Curious about those also. How costly are they? Availability?

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 20:20 Quote
chrisispringles wrote:
theminsta wrote:
Why are you getting the M4 Evo for a DJ bike? Dream bike or not, it's just excessive to the point that it's useless to have a 4-pot brake on your DJer.

I run one. I prefer the modulation of the m4 compared to the x2, it's way better. The pads last a lot longer too.

for dirt jumps? really? i get DH and free ride but for a single brake DJ bike you need it to acomplish 3 things


stop you
decently light preferably
stop you

the X2 ie the XC brake does all those things much easier than an m4.

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 20:38 Quote
pdturbo wrote:
sherbet wrote:
theminsta wrote:
+ Instead of aluminium nipples, go tungsten carbide! Light and uber strong!

Do wanna hear more! That's a very interesting material to use.

Curious about those also. How costly are they? Availability?

Sorry, I do not know where to get them and neither does Google. It was on a custom build I saw (here?) that was in Korea or something. T_T But I reckon it would be insanely expensive for just 64 nipples.. Probably something around $200 to get it made. Maybe they would be worth it in the end if they were infinitely reusable.

And let him be NWray.. At least he claims to have it transferred to his DH rig down the road.

Posted: Nov 24, 2012 at 6:19 Quote
NWray wrote:
chrisispringles wrote:
theminsta wrote:
Why are you getting the M4 Evo for a DJ bike? Dream bike or not, it's just excessive to the point that it's useless to have a 4-pot brake on your DJer.

I run one. I prefer the modulation of the m4 compared to the x2, it's way better. The pads last a lot longer too.

for dirt jumps? really? i get DH and free ride but for a single brake DJ bike you need it to acomplish 3 things


stop you
decently light preferably
stop you

the X2 ie the XC brake does all those things much easier than an m4.

It's the modulation that I like. I have an X2 on my second bike and find it quite grabby in comparison. The weight difference is minimal, they don't cost much more and they feel so much nicer; I guess it's just a case of how much of a priority you put on brake feel, whether you choose an M4 or an X2.

Posted: Nov 24, 2012 at 10:11 Quote
How are Zee's for modulation ?

Probably gonna get a full zee set-up me thinks.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020853
Mobile Version of Website